Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i just fitted an induction kit to my 2.0l veccy sri but the engine managment light is now on and it takes a few cranks to start! does it simply need to be set up on diagnostics to sort this? thanx for any advice

C

·
0 Posts
Have you double checked sensors nearby (airflow meter) ?
I'd put back to standard, flick ignition on and off a dozen times, and see how it goes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm ok but what is likely to have happend to sensors they were ok to b4 i changed air filter it does say in the instructions co2 configer may be needed

C

·
0 Posts
The ecu should adjust to small changes and values. Have you tried flicking ignition on and off a dozen times or so? Maybe it's come up as it was un-plugged or something.
I would test with standard items in place, to see if it's a fault isolated to the running of the new filter, and not something you've broken/upset when fitting.
Maybe it doesn't like sucking in hot air?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i tried that cally but now when the key is turned lights on dash are really dim and it wont turn over at all!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds like the battery's flat, for some reason?
Headlights/interior lights dim?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah dim when i try to start and light all go out on dash including trip computer f***ing thinggot a mate coming round with some jumpers and go to work get the real air box try that out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wont have fried ecu will it by turning on off on off will it i could have done it to many times!

C

·
0 Posts
Nah, I had an ecotec cav, done that hundreds of times! :lmao:
I would put it all back to original, and get it running, and see how it goes.
The performance filter may be more trouble than it's worth, especially if you don't deal with shielding it from the engine heat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just wanted to say that when removing old air box i disturbed crank sensor plug! clipped it back in had light reset and now fires first crank everytime!! what a muppet i feel!!!!! lol

C

·
0 Posts
croxdj said:
just wanted to say that when removing old air box i disturbed crank sensor plug! clipped it back in had light reset and now fires first crank everytime!! what a muppet i feel!!!!! lol

CallyT said:
Have you double checked sensors nearby (airflow meter) ?
I'd put back to standard, flick ignition on and off a dozen times, and see how it goes.
1st post huh? :mmmm:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah cheers cally i jus paniked and thought oh tits thats me all over tanx for your help though p.s had to get a new battery though old one dead wouldnt hold charge!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts