Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars been running fine (2.0 16v Ecotec SRI) and I've not changed anything recently apart from fitting a K&N induction kit last week end. However the engine management light came on earlier today, I restarted and it went off.

A few hours later after a 7 mile drive, it came on again and this time it wouldn't go off, the performance of the car was now none existant I got home and came in here.

I then went out again 10 minutes ago and the first three times I started the car the EML came on, then the next time it didn't and the car ran fine, now it's back on again.

Can anyone shed any light on what this might be, or is there an idiots guide to reading these codes around anywhere?

·
Yawn.
13,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, I'm going to start by cleaning the contacts tomorrow, but is there anything else I can do (in the same vein) before I go out and buy a new sensor?

any experience or tips is well recieved.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've cleaned the plug, but the fault didn't come on first two times I started it and hasn't after a quick runaround and starting it again :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I've done about 40 miles today and so far no problems 'touch wood'. If it happens again I'll probably just get one anyway.

Do you actually just get the sensor with them, or the wire too?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts