Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
So - a while ago I had the engine management light come on, took it to mechanic, changed sensors, not long later light reappeared, took it back he tried again same thing etc. He advised a few things it could be but said that it was safe to drive for the time being.

A few months later and now my car jerks slightly at speeds over 50mph every so often (maybe once every 5-10 minutes? Not consistently) and seems a tad less powerful, and takes ever so slightly longer to turn on.

I've checked and I have three error codes - P0136 O2 sensor circuit, P0141 O2 sensor heater circuit, P0335 crankshaft position sensor "A" circuit.

I've got a basic ODB2 scanner and iPhone app so I can run some diagnostics etc if anyone could suggest anything that might narrow down the problem. (So far I've checked the error codes and 02 sensors while stationery, sensor 1 fluctuates from 0.8-0.1 every second or so, and sensor 2 stays at 0.46 - see attachments for some of the diagnostics.)

Anyone had anything similar? Would these 3 codes indicate any common causes?

PS I have a Corsa D life, 09 plate 1.2 petrol engine.
Text Font Screenshot Digital clock Red Clock Display device Technology Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Premium Member
13,383 Posts
Did the garage clear the old codes, I think Oxygen sensor means a fault with the Lambda sensor in the exhaust.

There maybe 2 try the one before the CAT.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
What sensors did they change? Ideally we need to know which codes are still present.

Some live data may be helpful for when the problem occurs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What sensors did they change? Ideally we need to know which codes are still present.

Some live data may be helpful for when the problem occurs
I believe it was the 2 lambda sensors, the codes were reset after they were changed, but the engine management light came back on shortly after again (this happened twice).

The three codes I posted are the current ones I have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the garage clear the old codes, I think Oxygen sensor means a fault with the Lambda sensor in the exhaust.

There maybe 2 try the one before the CAT.
Yes, old codes cleared twice and came back again - I'm thinking it's probably something causing the sensors to malfunction rather than the sensors themselves?

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
Very unusual to have both O2 sensors give fault codes at the same time. Look at fuse 21 under the bonnet, it supplies power to the heater circuits of both sensors. Failing that it's time to dig out the digital multimeter and go testing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your find the oil switch begins to leak the oil travels though the cable inside pvc coating to the ecu ... take the plugs off the ecu and check to see if there oil present if there is . clean the connectors and replace the oil switch common fault on the Vauxhall’s the switch is at the front of the engine to the left if your looking at it with 1 single wire normally this will solve the problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your find the oil switch begins to leak the oil travels though the cable inside pvc coating to the ecu ... take the plugs off the ecu and check to see if there oil present if there is . clean the connectors and replace the oil switch common fault on the Vauxhall’s the switch is at the front of the engine to the left if your looking at it with 1 single wire normally this will solve the problem
Tell me about it! Oil pressure switch failed, oil in every electrical connection I can reach, I've cleaned all the connections with tissue and electrical contact cleaner, getting EML and oxygen sensor circuit trouble codes. How do you disconnect the ECU, the lower connection is the only one I haven't been able to reach to clean.
Does new oxygen sensors extinguish the EML or is the contaminayed wiring still a problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts