Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Ive had this car for several years and every once in a while the engine light has come on an stayed on until i stopped and restarted the engine. No other clear symptoms though. Never read any error code, even when the light is on while trying to read the codes. Ive got a cheap bluetooth OBD reader and Torque Pro on an android phone, dont know if other readers would have read differently.
However last week another problem appeared for the 1st time. Engine light flashed briefly followed by loos of power - not complete loss, but enought that i thought my turbo was gone. I thought i had finally killed it due to overheating or something down that alley. Ive been using a cardboard plate in the winter cold, and have read that could be bad for the turbo. Power came back, but im not sure exactly how yet. It happeded under load, ie trottling to maintain speed uphill an underwater tunnell.
When i came home that evening i tried driving a little more agressive that usual to see it any problem would show itself. Power was obviously back to normal, or at least almost normal, and then the same thing happened again. So it happens under load. The same feeling that the turbo was gone (im not sure its the turbo though, only the power loss is 100% certain for me). This time i stopped the engine and restarted it almost immediately. Power seemed to be back to normal.

Do i have to start looking for a new van to drive ?

Walter

·
15,367 Posts
You need to start looking for a better code reader,one that can read and record live data so you can see why it is failing.
Cheaper than buying a new van.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to start looking for a better code reader,one that can read and record live data so you can see why it is failing.
Cheaper than buying a new van.
Thank you ! Do you have a suggestion as to which one? Im can order off ebay if thats a good idea.

·
15,367 Posts
Sure we've discussed the best way forward several times previously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts