Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody, I HAVE 2001 MODEL ASTRA COUPE TURBO , I HAVE A PROB LEM , LAST DAY WHİLE I WAS DRİVİNG AT NEARLY 180 KM ,THE ENGİNE ERROR LAMP STARTS FLASHING 3 TİMES THEN MY CARS PERFORMANCE DECREASES AND I STOPED THE ENGİNE ,AFTER 5 SECONDS I RESTART IT ,THEN IT COMES İN ORDER AGAİN BUT THİS EVENT OCCURS EVERYTİME .I WENT TO SERVİCE ,THEY TEST IT WITH THEİR COMPUTERS AND IT GIVES AN ERROR CODE"P0170 FUEL TRİM MALFUNCTION" ,BUT SERVICE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS SO IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT PLEASE HELP ME. IN TURKEY VAUXHALL SERVİCES ARE HORRIBLE AND I DO NOT TRUST ANYONE...

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Haven't delved into fuel tank problems, so I don't really know. But I think it's something to with the tank construction being flatish and to avoid fuel ending up on one side of the tank when cornering, it's divided up into sections. And the trim problem probably means fuel is unevenly distributed between these sections. Might be something to do with the fuel pump.

As for "VAUXHALL SERVİCES ARE HORRIBLE AND I DO NOT TRUST ANYONE...", think I feel likewise over here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts