Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've been reading a few posts here and elsewhere about this issue but as mine doesn't seem to fit any of the solutions, I thought I'd post it here to get some advice.

So, the Engine Electronics light lights up after about 2min of driving and stays on until ignition is turned off.

I have some electronics-related issues with the car, notably one of the headlights have gone and one of the rear doors won't unlock and open, I have to use the 'pull-latch-while-locking-the-car' to unlock the door. I'm assuming the door wiring is gone, haven't go around to checking though (in the two years it's been intermittently not working :whistle:)

I replaced the battery about a year ago as it died on me.

I have DYI fixed the starter motor, break disks + pads, coolant hose, ignition coil and a totalled tailgate (http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/totalled-tailgate.491813/)(in that order) and everything has been running fine without errors. The Engine Electronics light has only recently started coming on during driving.

I have used diagnostics and frustratingly, there are no error codes this time! o_O

Are we potentially just talking about headlight replacement or alternatively a bigger issue with car electronics? Best ways to diagnose?

We're about to take a 250 mile trip in the car, just don't want to incur the wife's wrath half-way thought! :cautious:

Thanks,
PJ

·
Willowrees
166 Posts
Agree with above opcom will give you any codes that are there I have the spanner light on in my Astra plug any of my diagnostics in no codes plug my opcom in and ping up came all the fault codes

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Hey,

I've been reading a few posts here and elsewhere about this issue but as mine doesn't seem to fit any of the solutions, I thought I'd post it here to get some advice.

So, the Engine Electronics light lights up after about 2min of driving and stays on until ignition is turned off.

I have some electronics-related issues with the car, notably one of the headlights have gone and one of the rear doors won't unlock and open, I have to use the 'pull-latch-while-locking-the-car' to unlock the door. I'm assuming the door wiring is gone, haven't go around to checking though (in the two years it's been intermittently not working :whistle:)

I replaced the battery about a year ago as it died on me.

I have DYI fixed the starter motor, break disks + pads, coolant hose, ignition coil and a totalled tailgate (http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/totalled-tailgate.491813/)(in that order) and everything has been running fine without errors. The Engine Electronics light has only recently started coming on during driving.

I have used diagnostics and frustratingly, there are no error codes this time! o_O

Are we potentially just talking about headlight replacement or alternatively a bigger issue with car electronics? Best ways to diagnose?

We're about to take a 250 mile trip in the car, just don't want to incur the wife's wrath half-way thought! :cautious:

Thanks,
PJ
Only opcom is good enough to bring up almost all fault codes on Vauxhall, Opel, Saab cars, nothing else is good enough but Tech 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts