Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken my 1.7dti (2000 W) for its annual MOT it apparently failed on emmissions with the garage saying they were so far over the top they could not be true, They then revved the engine (as they do) to try again when they finished the engine will now not start (no mechanical problem ie cambelt going) They seem to think the timing may have "slipped" and possibly the ecu failing Yet the ecu shows no faults The engine has never smoked or given out clouds of black smoke (FSH) nor did it on testing, I do not have alot of faith in the garage or thier explanations of why it will not start Would anyone have a similar experience or be able to offer advise before i face a huge bill posible for parts that are not needed

Many Thanks in advance

Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
emmission probs

Thanks for reply rod

Not had any probs starting but have had problem that if i hit 73 mph the ecu light would come on if i switch off ignition the fault would clear I have been told by garage that fault high mass voltage 9v appears and undisclosed code are showing on tech 2 I have sent off the ecu for repair/remapping hopefully it will resolve the problem remapping cost is £90 as opposed to £800 for new ecu

Many thanks

bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a small note

I have a 1.7dti astra... it just flew through the MOT here. The emissions reading should be below 3.0, and mine averaged 1.3 (without catalyser in place)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts