Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a blocked fuel filter cause the EML to come on? WHEN I got the car last Friday the petrol light was on. And I don't know how long petrol light had been on?? Is it possible that it's taken in a load of crap from bottom of tank? Also she hesitates when driving slow.. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Prob best to read fault codes if EML is on.. In regards to how long petrol has been low, The petrol light can only be on for as long as fuel is low, you will find people run car to red light when selling as they don't want to give u free fuel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prob best to read fault codes if EML is on.. In regards to how long petrol has been low, The petrol light can only be on for as long as fuel is low, you will find people run car to red light when selling as they don't want to give u free fuel
Had diagnostic done today definitely is the fuel filter. Also today I found out the engine is a 1.8 16v not a 1.6 16v. As diagnostic would only connect to a 1.8 not a 1.6.. Obviously someone's changed the engine..

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Quick way to check is just under the engine cover plastic (there should be z18/x18xe on the engine) might need a wipe with a cloth to be safe.
Also the engine number will be behind the dipstick tube on the bellhousing also need a good clean to view it tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick way to check is just under the engine cover plastic (there should be z18/x18xe on the engine) might need a wipe with a cloth to be safe.
Also the engine number will be behind the dipstick tube on the bellhousing also need a good clean to view it tho.
Hi
Hi my Engine is a 1.6 16v Z16XE.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
But why can you only connect to the z18xe rather than the z16xe . Something strange there. Worth another look via a different diagnostic tool as it reads the ecu (was all the information added in correctly (year, model & engine).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts