Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I,m new to vauxhall ownership and have recently bought a Zafira b 08plate its the 1.9cdti design 150 model 33000 miles.

Still under warranty, purchased from a non vauxhall dealer.

Two weeks in and the engine seems to have lost its pulling power below 2000 rpm. Now the eml light is on.

Just done the pedal test and it comes up with ECN 070458 for a couple of seconds then ECN 242f75.

Thanks Phil

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The codes meanings are:-
P242F Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Range/Performance B-031
P0704 Clutch Switch Input Circuit Malfunction CRC (Electronic Cruise Control) B-010
If it is under warranty I would take it back

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply,
I,ve just phoned local vauxhall dealer, they can't get it it for another week and will need it all day. No courtesy car of them as we did'nt puchase from them.

Is it safe to drive the car untill it goes in?

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
I wouldnt drive it to be honest, without knowing why the DPF pressure sensor is saying the pressure limits are outside the specified range, why are you taking it to a main dealer? take it back to where you bought it from and let them sort it out. It could be something simple like a broken sensor or pipe. Does the DPF warning light also come on? It might need a regeneration too.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
hmmm as long as they will cover all the diagnostic and warranty costs that is fair enough, but I would be reading the small print of your contract too. I would call the dealer and ask them if the car is safe to drive, then if further damage happens you are covered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers, will do.

Does the DPF warning light also come on? It might need a regeneration too.

No other warning lights as far as i can see.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
so long as your still within your 3 year vauxhall warranty then you can take it to any vauxhall garage for repair. personally I wouldn't drive the car, when my eml came on the other week I refused to drive to the dealer for fear of further damaging the car or crashing due to the lack of power. did you get breakdown/recovery cover with the car? sounds like the dealer you bought the car from is conveniently passing the buck but surely he is accountable for selling you the car, how long ago did you buy it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just spoke to the vauxhall dealer who was a bit unsure. Said he cant guarantee it will be ok to drive. He cant get it in sooner than the 7th march because his garage is already clogged with several other zafira's with similar problems. This sounds worrying..

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
don't worry the other zafira's will just be in for their annual dfp's and egr valves, I think this is what has kept vauxhall afloat the past year!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Bigjock,
Bought it on 31-01-11. took out a mapfre abraxas 5 star warranty for 3 yrs but that does'nt come into force untill 15-05-2011 when the manu runs out.

don't worry the other zafira's will just be in for their annual dfp's and egr valves,
will these be covered under my warranty or is this a yearly cost that i'll have to foot?

Phil

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
jesus less than a month and the dealer has washed his hands, id be kickin up **** big time. tell him you want him to organise getting it towed, fixed and sorting you a replacement vehicle or you'll be returning the car for a full refund. No other vauxhall garages in your area?

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
dpf and egr are covered under warranty, I was being cynical when I said that's what the other zafira's would be in for. the 1.9cdti engine is plagued with egr and dpf problems, you made the right choice taking extended warranty thankfully I also extended mine. However I still say the dealer you bought it from should organise the repair some zafiras seem to suffer all the problems whilst other none. Sadly I also bought a duffer but at least you still have the opportunity to get yours back. Any more messing about from the dealer and id just ask for money back and go buy one from a main vx dealer (plenty about) then just transfer your extended warranty over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Phoned another vauxhall dealer, service side was closed till monday, but she suggested ringing the AA which I did.

He came, took off the egr valve and cleaned it. Said it was a common problem. Took it for a quick spin and it seems fine. No error codes showing.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
thats why i asked if you had breakdown cover earlier. car should run fine so long as you take it on a decent run now and again, loads of posts on here about clogged up egr valves you may find cleaning it is only a temp fix (im on my 5th valve) some others add fuel additives as well as taking car for a motorway thrashing now and agian (4th gear high rev's for about 20mins normally is enough for a regen to occur). glad you got it fixed tho.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
Hopefully the AA man will have erased any codes that were stored, and hopefully that is it, all fixed LOL
Good luck

·
Registered
133 Posts
thats why i asked if you had breakdown cover earlier. car should run fine so long as you take it on a decent run now and again, loads of posts on here about clogged up egr valves you may find cleaning it is only a temp fix (im on my 5th valve) some others add fuel additives as well as taking car for a motorway thrashing now and agian (4th gear high rev's for about 20mins normally is enough for a regen to occur). glad you got it fixed tho.
Hi, this regen business, im assuming then, the system needs to run hot (high revs/speed/airflow to keep engine cool obvioulsy/short distance) to break down the muck/debris in the system, doing it using a vauxhall machine im guessing its a forced regen system of some sort ?

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
yes thats my understanding

1 - 20 of 26 Posts