Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!

I need help to sort out what's wrong with my Corsa (2003 1.0L)

Emissions warning light has come on so i've searched around th'internet for some clues...

I've disconnected each of the Lambda sensors in turn and together but that makes no difference to the warning light. I've checked all the connections and they are all ok.

Next I read that I can check the voltage signal from the sensors. I've checked the manifold sensor and it reads constant 0.6Volts. So does this mean that this sensor is f***ed or does it mean that the engine is running rich for another reason?? I haven't checked the voltage from the exhaust sensor yet.

What should I do next???

I don't want to spend ££ on the wrong bit!!

Cheers all,

mister vee (total newbie!)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
mister vee said:
How do I do that?
take your car to vauxhall and they will plug it into a tech2 and read the code,

very easy,

also is you car out of warranty yet? if not get down there quick and get it fixed free :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
you realy want to test lambda sensors with a scope but can get something out of a meter. how did you test it? need it pluged in with a jumper wire and prob that. sounds like you tested it unpluged and all you got was a referance voltage. i would go with dave and get it read then come back and we will help you fix it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
mister vee said:
Just been quoted £50 to get the code read - is that reasonable? It sounds like a rip-off to me!
it is a rip off yes, usually around £30-40 i thought,

when was your car first registered as 2003 chances are its still in warranty,

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
mister vee said:
Reg Date is 01/08/2003 - is this good news? How do I confirm this. (I'm not the original owner from new).
were you given any of the original doc's for the previous owner?

all vauxhalls (that im aware of) come with a 3 year warranty, maybe best off calling your local dealer and expain that you bought the corsa off someone but havent got any of the original stuff (if you havent) but it should be covered under warranty, im sure theres away they can check a database to find where it was bought originally and get a copy of the documents,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Andy - paperwork seems to be saying that it's still under warranty. Off to Vauxhall then...

Thanks to all for your assistance.:)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
mister vee said:
Thanks Andy - paperwork seems to be saying that it's still under warranty. Off to Vauxhall then...

Thanks to all for your assistance.:)
no prob,

no point paying when it should be free :D

just if they say you still have to pay for the fault code reading or anything else tell them no they should fix it for free, if they say you need to go to another dealer, tell them any vauxhall dealer can do the work and threaten to call vauxhall headoffice,
should need to do any of that but just in case,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts