Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can ant one tell me how to replace a crank shaft sensor on a x20xev ecotec tried following haynes manual but its crap cant lower engine mount cos not enough room to get leverage help somebody oreven better is there somebody down my way willing to help a fellow omega man tea or coffie and sarnies included :bust:

·
Registered
101 Posts
try this. jack the car up on the left hand side and support with axle stands and turn the steering fully to the right. it should then be possible to reach the sensor on the left hand side of the engine by squeezing in behind the front left wheel. dont forget to use a piece of string to avoid dropping cables or the sensor - don't cut any of the cables just unclip. make a note of which wire goes where. This works on the 2.5 and I am not sure about the 2l. There is usually no need to lower the engine mount it just makes it easier.

·
Registered
85 Posts
if its in a cavalier you can change it in about 10 mins. I have just changed mine for the 3rd time in 2 weeks cos i'ts givin jip. you cant see it but you can do it by feel. on the old 8 valves the wire went around the back of the belt housing and was a ***** to get out if u were keeping it but can b cut and pulled throug easily. fitting a new one it does'nt need to be routed here but can be routed over top in 2 mins.
new x20xev is routed over top already. sensor itself is held in by one star shaped bolt (sometimes a hex 10 mm) you can feel it, undo it by feel, unplug from wiring at other end and pull the wireing plug end through the eng mount. easy. I can do it in the dark now cos you got to do it by feel anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
no need to undo eng mount unless yours is routed behind belt housing. if it is jack eng with wood on lip of sump loosen eng mount bolts but dont remove them, this wil give enough space to get sensor through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts