Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 140sri got it today battery totaly drained after 5 minute drive had new fitted drove on for about hour engine warning light traction control and abs all came on and flelt like fuel starvation all instruments on dash dead can anyone help or got any ideas? car 1998 and has done 83000k

·
VxON Member:0300
194 Posts
Check the alternator output, i had something like that, it turned out to be the alternator putting out way to many volts, fried the battery and sent electrics mad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had this problem just recently, as driving down the road things starting playing up, spedo and rev counter packed up the traction control came on then of again, and ended up with a rendition of traffic master!!! Checked the voltage across battery 11.5 at best! Answer fit new alternator hey presto 13.9 with everything on lights etc...... I am with Alan on this one possitive its you alternator mate. Make sure your battery light on dash still works though!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had aa out you are both spoton:bananasmialternator not working fitting new today thx for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts