Help please
my front electric windows were working okay the other day,
but now they wont even move and are stuck closed,
help please and any ideas as im boiling up in traffic:cry:
i have checked fuses but they are ok?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
disconnect the battery leave for a few minutes and reconnect - see if that helps.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
ok, hope it does work :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arghh it didnt work,disconected battery and left it for 1/2hr ,
reconnected and still stuck:think

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
switches next then maybe?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay i will try the switchs tmorrow and let you know if it works,
thanks for all your help by the way:bananasmi

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi do you get any noises from the windows when you try to use them ? there is a control box for the electric windows and i think its mounted in the center consol somewhere it should be black and 3' x 4' with something like control windows written on it these do go wrong i know on a four door it will be either fronts or rears but on a two door it would be the fronts only that stop working TBH i would check for power before changing it as these are pricey
regards
Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no no noises from windows when i try them,will get a meter tester on them later to see if there is any current there,
thanks for the help:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Hi do you get any noises from the windows when you try to use them ? there is a control box for the electric windows and i think its mounted in the center consol somewhere it should be black and 3' x 4' with something like control windows written on it these do go wrong i know on a four door it will be either fronts or rears but on a two door it would be the fronts only that stop working TBH i would check for power before changing it as these are pricey
regards
Steve
ive never seen this box in the centre console?? u got a pic of it? as mine have turned dodgy aswell

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
theres a diode pack on the bottom of the switches, not sure if thats what he's refering to..

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi theres a window control pack for both 2 and 4 door windows it controls the one touch etc i'll try to find the location later but i do have picture of the control unit
regards
Steve

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi yes but in the center consol is the control box with the switches and you have programming sequence for setting the one touch and child safety stuff on the four doors its in the door switches

regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
the control side of it is built into the motors as said above , there are just the switches & the motors with control unit built into them & no extra control boxes.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
The only control box i know of in a cavaliers centre console, is that for the airbag (where fitted) As saidm the control unit is part of the 4 way block for the windows.

I have a few spare 4 way switches if you get stuck, pm me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok i've just had the same problem happen to my 96 vectra. Just had it back from garage on saturday (replacement engine!! ouch) and i noticed the windows were not one touch but they did work without the ignition on..
Anyway they soon started working one touch with ignition on or off... i still have the ecu light on ( TPS sensor and knock sensor?????) means nothing to me!! but my car car misses and splutters in low revs?? so i have disconnected the battery a couple of times on monday and it seems this may have affected my windows? The lights onthe switches have gone out and holding the switches down does nothing. I've checked the fuse and the door plugs and all seems ok. I don't know where to look as i am a car spaz. If anyone can help with these issues i would be eternally grateful. Short term the windows arethe most important as it gets horribly hot :cry:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts