Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lo peeps,

all the time i had my calibra, when using the one push to close the driver window it closes too far and ends up coming back down thinking its obstructed, tapping the button will close it and have been happy to do that all the time i had it, but now after fitting a new alarm i want to wire my windows up to the autoshut function cant do this until i fix it. where can i adjust where it thinks its closed enough?

After searching here and not uncovering anything, all i have seen is the hold the down for 10 seonds to reset the one touch, Maybe if i try this i might be able to train it where to stop, or am i looking beyond the scope of what the electrical system is capable of? or am i just going to have to losen the whole assembly and drop the lot half an inch? but saying that the window seems to comfortably sitting low enough when wide open. so cant be caused by the unit being shoved up??

I dunno, any help?

·
15,300 Posts
To make them relearn, you open them fully, then close fully by holding down the up button.
Once it closes fully, keep the button held down until you hear a click then release the button and try closing with one touch

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you get the window to the top comfortably with short bursts of the switch with ignition on hold the button in the closed position for a few seconds like you say and see how it is. :Cool2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i have had a play and felt like a kid playing with the window (up&down) to no avail. now please bear in mind that on the calibra i have no door window frame for the window to line upto.

when im sat inside the car with door shut, all i can do is edge the window up, it wont go up when holding the button down, it will just kick back down, its like going forward one step and back 2.

if i want the window to go up all the way, i have to have the door open. and thats when it goes about half an inch too far and then the door will not shut as the window is way above the ridge its supposed to sit in.

I have tried holding down then holding up and resisting it at the right point, but is making no difference.

·
Registered
227 Posts
As you say it goes half an inch above where it should when the door is opened maybe there is some sort of stopper that has fallen of the window channel? Just a wild guess i dont know much about calibras.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
As stated above, the window must be "programmed" to know when to stop.

This would normally be done with the door closed.

However, if the door has to be open, just hold something temporarily across the top (where the frame would be on a Cavalier) whilst you do the program sequence.

Any help? :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As stated above, the window must be "programmed" to know when to stop.

This would normally be done with the door closed.

However, if the door has to be open, just hold something temporarily across the top (where the frame would be on a Cavalier) whilst you do the program sequence.

Any help? :p

Ok, i think i have sorted it. After looking into what that push button does behind the window switches, i was able to close the window fully without it stopping to progam it. yay me!

For those who dont know what that button does, it disables the safety pull back of the window, bloody handy for trapping the missus' head in the window when she mis-behaves :D

anyway im not sure its fixed, as when i shut the window with the door open it still goes too far up and the door wont shut but that should not be a problem with the auto shut on the alarm. But I have been able to shut the window for the first time without nudging it up.

Thx all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
******, not sorted.

all the bloody winding up & down of the windows though, i have noticed the window twisting slightly as it comes up so i reckon there is a mechanical fault inside the door, so ill have it off next chance i can be bothered, am tempted though to cross the safety button, but have found that will stop the one touch working so think ill be having the panel off eventually.

thanks anyway guys.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
tried disconnecting the battery and reseting them? if the window's coming up bent it could be off one of the runners too. dead common and makes them slow and keep stopping on the anti-trap feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, previously had the same problem, disconnecting the battery and reprogramming fixed it for me. Otherwise play with the adjustable bolt behind the door card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vauxhall Tigra convertable window electric one has gone too far up and now won’t go down or anyway for that matter and it’s going to get smashed if I close it to hard as it hitting the door frame does anyone know how to make it come down manually thanks

·
12,315 Posts
Better to start a thread in the correct section, this is for a completely different vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts