Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is there anyone here who's recently converted their sunroof from manual to electric?. My electric kit that i won on ebay has turned up but its minus any bolts/screws, is it possible to use any of the existing bolts/screws for fitting the motor etc?
I'll probably have a go at fitting it today but just wanted a 'heads up' on whats needed:Cool2:

cheers

rob

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
I've done it and it was very easy.

I can't remember exactly whether the screws were the same as the ones the manual winder used, but there is one thing that holds it, which looks like a "drum" which you'll need to have. That sits in between that little bit sticking out which looks like a fork (That's the side that's the closest to the engine.) If I remember correctly, it's only got 2 bolts on the other side, so even if you don't have them, you can get some from a local DIY shop.

There is a good How To somewhere, let me have a look

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fitted now, even ran the wire down to the footwell to the proper supply, the whole thing is really straight forward to do, the only thing is that the motor cover looks a bit yellowy compared to my headlining.......... oh well nevamind:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
They only come in 1 colour so there's not much you can do about that.

I tapped mine into the interior light so that I can open or close it without turning the car on.

Glad you got it sorted :Cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts