Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
egr valve is an electrically-operated valve mounted on the inlet manifold or at the lefthand end of the cylinder head...'haynes manual'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
left hand side??? that's where the timeing belt is....

under the rocker cover??? or under the plastic ecotec cover...

16 valve DOHC, two rocker bulges, rear one has raised square and breather pipes.

does the EGR valve have pipes coming for the exhaust /manifold ??

·
Registered
122 Posts
not under the rocker cover but under the engine cover on the inlet manifold looks like a round can has a 5 wire plug on the top 2 torq bolts hold it on. no pipes all inside the manifold you can't miss it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found it, actually sits straight up right beside the ECU.

not suprised the car ain't running very well with that amount of carbon build up, I dread to think what shape the valves are like......

cleaned round the egr valve and housing but not much improvment on preformance....yet..I have added a petrol flush hope it helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plan to block it of tonight.....if the car doesn't run any better what else could it be???? coil pack??

how do I check coil pack without paing £120 for new one?

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
You can get them cheaper than that.

Do you not know somebody else with the a Vaux with the same engine that you coudl swap it from (dead easy to change)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't know anyone with same engine....yeah i could proberbly get one cheeper if i shop arround but....is it or could it be the problem???

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
dougs said:
don't know anyone with same engine....yeah i could proberbly get one cheeper if i shop arround but....is it or could it be the problem???
take the egr off, and clean it. dont burst the diaphram tho.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
diaphram.....where is that...???

the egr that I had in my hand last nightis a 2" dia x 5" long cylinder, which apears to be sealed with no way in to it. on one end it has a 5 pin electrical plug and the other is the mating flange.....two holes one filled with a plunger, this was extremly badly caked up as was it the casting that this thing bolts on two....also with two holes which are reduced in dia due to the caked carbon etc....

there is no other tubes or pipes attached to it!!!

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
dougs said:
diaphram.....where is that...???

the egr that I had in my hand last nightis a 2" dia x 5" long cylinder, which apears to be sealed with no way in to it. on one end it has a 5 pin electrical plug and the other is the mating flange.....two holes one filled with a plunger, this was extremly badly caked up as was it the casting that this thing bolts on two....also with two holes which are reduced in dia due to the caked carbon etc....

there is no other tubes or pipes attached to it!!!

sorry im talking crap, you can only do this on single point models like mine. sorry no you are right they are sealed!:lmao:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so now I have blocked off the EGR valve / system...but car not much better. in fact if any inprovement I would say its down to the fuel flush that Im driving through at present.

car still splutters between 2-3.5K revs, 3.5 - 5 feels like it's off a cyclinder and 5-redline it goes fine...

any ideas?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts