Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Egr valve What a ripp off. cleaned mine using a little 9 volt battery with 2 wires and some meths and toothbrush.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah thats all fine, but how the hell do you get it off???

Mine just came back from the Auto Electrician and he said that the fault is in the EGR vavle and probably just needs cleaned, which i have read so many times on here, but am i righ tin thinking that on Astra G engines its at the back left of the engine block stuck onto the side of the throttle body?

if so is it Torque screws ? and how do you get it off?

hmmmm the mind boggles

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
if its the 8v astra its on the back of the engine block, 2 Trx screws holding it down, unscrew these, disconnect the wiring plug, remove, clean, re-fit using a new gasket. job done in 10 mins, (8 of that cleaning, and 2 removing and reinstalling)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah thats all fine, but how the hell do you get it off???

Mine just came back from the Auto Electrician and he said that the fault is in the EGR vavle and probably just needs cleaned, which i have read so many times on here, but am i righ tin thinking that on Astra G engines its at the back left of the engine block stuck onto the side of the throttle body?

if so is it Torque screws ? and how do you get it off?

hmmmm the mind boggles
please tell me how did you get if off

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm a computer technician, so i never had any fancy tools to get it off, so i just used the torque bit from my set and placed it into the screw head and turned it with a set of pliers. I nearly cut my arm off right enough, but it comes off quite easily. (no not my arm)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts