Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently got a new engine put in my astra mk4 1.8 SRi (52 plate) after this the car was in limp mode so I got the ecu checked out, camshaft/crankshaft sensors popped up, these got replaced but now the ecu has come up with even more faults!

I've been told by vauxhall and another local garage that the ecu is dodgy and will need replacing, but others have said it might not be that which is causing the problem, now I'm stuck with what to do, I don't fancy forking out for a new ecu if my one is actually working correctly.

The car still runs fine (so to speak) The problems I'm having are; car goes into limp mode when revved over 3000rpm in low gear, also when the car hits 85mph. Petrol consumption has increased vastly, and the oil temp guage hardly ever reaches the temp it should, at the moment it either sits at the zero point, occasionally reaching the quarter mark.

Some people have suggested it could be the temp sensor and/or other sensors?

I've had a read though the sticky thread regarding a similar problem, but the car was running fine until the new engine got put in, which worries me!

Your help would be appreciated so I get a better idea of what the problem could be before I start blowing money for the sake of nothing : )

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can get the ecu tested for about 30 quid. somewhere like WWW.ecutesting.com can do this for you.
if you don't have a fault code reader & clearer it'd probably be worth getting one!
if the ecumenical checks out it could be that the sensors really are dodge or that the wiring is! wiring can take a while to track down the fault, so could be very expensive if you get a garage to diagnose it, but you could probably learn to do it yourself with a bit of patience!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm getting someone to have a look at it over the weekend, i just find it strange how there were only two fault codes with the installation of the new engine, once they were sorted another set came up!

Hoping the diagnositcs comes back with faulty sensors :think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts