Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Calibra has developed an ECU problem.. It goes into emergency engine mode (and warnign light comes on), whenever I drive the car for more than 5/10 minutes, then stop and start the engine. If I leave the car with the engine off for several hours the problem clears...

I've just had it serviced and MOT'd at my local garage, and they said they couldn't find a problem, no light came on (think they just fobbed me off) however they did say they'd got an Error reading ECU when they plugged it into their reader...

Given that I've already replaced the ECU with a brand new one about 4 years or so ago, could the problem be ECU related? One symptom I've noticed is that the Engine runs Hotter... The temperature is generally at 95 not 90, which tends to mean the 2nd fan kicks in when I'm struck in traffic, and this is causing the engine to almost stall...

I'd appreciate your thoughts....

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Welcome to VxON, have a look HERE regarding flashing out your fault codes.:) It sounds complicated, but in actual fact is very simple to do, and will save you ££££

1 - 2 of 2 Posts