Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im toying with the idea of putting a cavv6 engine in my Ecotec SRi. Any oneknow if this is a straight over swap or if its going to be a b*tch.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
If you have a doner car then its a straight swap for parts more or less, possibly a little bit of wiring but nothing dramatic.

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
even the exhausts line up perfectly as the rear two sections are the same

its a more natural swap for an ecotec than an XE or an LET. the only thing to watch is your front suspension... remember that the setup is different on a V6 due to the extra weight (and its a fair amount more weight)

and if your gonna put it into an SRI... do yourself a favour and replace the 16 kilo flywheel with one of courtenays 5.6 kilo jobs.. it'll drastically (and i do mean drastically) improve the acceleration of the V6.. even with the wide ratio F25 (which is probably a fine box to use given the V6's grunt)

·
Registered
27 Posts
still miss my cav v6 when my mate first got it was a 1.8 he dropped in a red top i then bought it off him and dropped in a v6 was faster than most v6's stop toying with the idea m8 and get it done as previoulsy said its quite a straightforward conversion

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, Sounds like a weekend job then. Just need to get a beaten up cav v6 from somewhere for little money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts