Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've searched around for what the ECU code 1230 means. But I can't find it anywhere.

Anybody able to help?

Problem is to do with car cutting out after it's been driven for about 20 minutes. Engine cuts out, ecu light comes on, won't restart. I leave it for about 5 minutes and it will start again but then it cuts out again after just a few minutes. It flashed this code at me one of the times it cut-out/stalled.

I took it to garage but they couldn't repeat the fault and no ECU code logged. I'd already experienced the idle air control valve problem when engine warmed up. Garage did a quick clean but I don't think they reset the base idle. It's booked to go back into the garage on Wednesday, I'd like to have an idea what it might be and if I can fix it myself.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Hi Mark- No such code mate try these- 0123=Throttle/Pedal position sensor/switch A circuit high input or 0230 = Fuel Pump primary circuit malfunction. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was wondering if I had read the flashes wrong, but I'm sure I've got the number of flashes right. Maybe it is the sequence.
Do either of these codes mean big money repairs?
Ta, Mark

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Do the codes again,but get someone to write them down as you shout them out,as its easy to miss a flash. The codes will keep repeating themselves,so when you see a pattern you know youve got them all.Then go to 'how Too' on this site and you can find the list of codes. Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, diagnostics at garage showed a faulty fuel pump relay and main electrical relay. They've been swapped, I'm waiting to see if its fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts