Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mobile phone on Ebay which I had stated as postage to UK only. I had it on as a buy it now price and some chick from Poland has bought it.

Whats the deal there? I take it the Polish chick has not read the fact that I will only post to UK?

I assume I will have to post it to her as I would have to relist it and it would cost me to relist?

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Do make it clear to her that it's got a UK charger etc. Find out how much it costs to send it insured to Poland and if she's happy to pay, I don't see why you wouldn't send it.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Should block bidders from outside the UK mate, stops this kind of stuff. I sold a PDA on there just the other month and said I would post to the EU, some bloke from Austria won it and then hes got family in Nigeria he would like to send it to.

'Mate the only thing I'll post to Nigeria is you!'

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna charge £7.50 postage. That should cover the cost I hope.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LSI said:
Should block bidders from outside the UK mate, stops this kind of stuff. I sold a PDA on there just the other month and said I would post to the EU, some bloke from Austria won it and then hes got family in Nigeria he would like to send it to.

'Mate the only thing I'll post to Nigeria is you!'
How do I block them?

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Malky said:
I'm gonna charge £7.50 postage. That should cover the cost I hope.
To send a phone within this country by special insured is £4.25 - I would get it weighed and checked first.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Did you not disable anyone outside of the UK from bidding/buying your item.? If so, she shouldn't of been allowed to buy it tbh. I always change my sellers preferences to reflect my sale requirements.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Malky said:
How do I block them?
Ive forgot :O its rare I use ebay to buy let alone sell lol sorry.

Do an ebay help search for it though, I know you can do it, just dont know how

·
Registered
488 Posts
Beware of scammers in these countries they usually pay by e-cheque via paypal. You send the item and the cheque is voided by paypal.

·
15,300 Posts
Expect some bullshit email to come through anytime very soon.
I had the same thing happen to me.
Winner was in Holland, I had stated UK only but gave them the benefit of the doubt.
I was quite dubious anyway, so told them it wouldnt be going anywhere till I had the cash in my hand, then I got the usual email saying please post it on to Nigera for my mums birthday :rolleyes: :grrr

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool mate, I found how to do it in the preferences menu. Thats all people blocked from countries I dont wish to post to.

I'll sneak it through my work this time so it wont cost to post. Pain in the butt really. I'm quite suspicious of international bidders.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent a brochure to a bloke in Poland a while back and I never received any feedback so I dont know if he got it or not.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Malky said:
cool mate, I found how to do it in the preferences menu. Thats all people blocked from countries I dont wish to post to.

I'll sneak it through my work this time so it wont cost to post. Pain in the butt really. I'm quite suspicious of international bidders.
make sure you have the money first in your hand. E-mail them and let them know it is a 28 day period for funds to clear from Poland. If you are suspicious, cancel the trade and relist, E-Bay wont charge if you have stated uk only. Its a common scam on the phones at the moment. Most of these buyers are blaggers.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so if they pay via paypal, and I get the money, they can have it taken back for up to 28 days after the trade has settled?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
i've sent a mobile phone to america

bought a cd from australia

sold a Garrard 401 turntable to france

bought a DVR card from hong kong

Sometimes you have to be trusting, but to trust someone in Nigeria would be a little overboard

Why do they always use the mums birthday or brothers wedding excuse!

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have received this email. What do I do now?

Thanks for the advert via ebay and i want you to know that am paying
for this item via paypal and i want to send the item to my
assistant who travelled to Nigeria on a bussiness trips.The reason why
i want it to be sent by you to my associate is because of the nature of
my job which would not give me a chance to send it myself. I will
really be grateful if you can get me the shipping and insurance cost of this
item to Nigeria via Royal Mail. I would want you to give me the full
information of where you want the money sent to so that i can make the
payment on time.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
DONT TOUCH IT BUDDY!!!

re list your item and put it down to experience.

report it to egay too

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
its got the word nigeria in it, tell em to get stuffed. God knows what ebay nigeria is like - every other auction must be a scam. report them to ebay for attempting a scam

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dirty scum sucking mofo's

How do I cancel the trade? (I'm new to all this ebay stuff)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts