Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a Lexmaul manifold from ebay. Advertised as a Cavalier Ecotec manifold - seller says it's definity for a Cavalier, take a day of work, drive to my Vauxhall garage over 60 miles away. Garage take the old manifold off, try and fit and it's for a Vectra one with 2 part sump. Pointless day, it all goes back together.

Negative feedback will be left.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
have you contacted the seller?

unfair to just leave bad feedback. he may have been told it wa an eco one and not know any better.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ask for a refund as he has not described it correctly, if its a genuine mistake he'll probably be fine with that.

If he argues, file a dispute with ebay, worst case you could go through the small claims court and get compensation off him and your money back.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not worried about the money, I paied £160 and I can just re-sell it

I'm fed up because i've lost time, plus the disappoinment of not getting it on today. Maybe it's genuine, i'm going to contact him.

I don't have much luck with Ecotec tuning, last time was a Unichip, had it all wired in, only to be told by tuner i have a rare version of Simtec and the unichip won't work. It's a sign and I think i'm trying to be told to stick a LET in it.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
LET it my friend!

Sensor faults be gone! :Cool2:

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just spoke to the seller, appeared a little surprised but can't really tell. His ebay account has been removed I noticed.

I collected the manifold from his house, and he did have outside a 20XEV Vectra, and a 20XEV Cavalier. I also noticed the standard Cavalier manifold has been removed, and then refitted as there was a new gasket.

The seller says it came from Regal, and that they must have sold the wrong one, i'm not fully convinced of this story. I have the sellers real name to chase order, but thinking is it worth it and just re-sell it, I can't see Regal helping me even if it did come from there in first place.

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Gutted for you mate.....something similar happened to me like this. Proper pain in the arse.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's ok, just you have these things built up in your mind, book the time off work and everything, in your mind it's going to be good then you get disappointed.

On the plus side at least the manifold came off easy, and no bolts snapped.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
as above.

tell him you will let him have it back, for a refund and petrol money.
i imagine he isnt far from you as you collected it in person.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dest said:
So is he not going to give a refund?
It's not going to happen, without being offensive to him, he lived in a terraced house in Salford/Manchester way in not a great area, when I turned up his gf was after the money from him, plus no longer on ebay. I would have to drive to his house costing £15 in fuel, then I may not get it.

The item is ok, just wrong for car. I paied £160, there £330 on regal, i'll sell to someone with a Vectra and learn from mistake.

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Be nice if you can make a tidy profit on it, remember there are more vectras on the road therefore a potentially larger market for tuning parts ;)

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
Fit the 96> Astra/Cally engine with 2 part sump.

Much better response at low revs, when I did the swap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts