Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my partner put some baby trainers on ebay and the buyer wants a refund, buyer sent this email

Hi

Thanks for the prompt shipping. The trainers have arrived. Unfortunately, I am not at all happy with them. Firstly, you listed them as 'brand new. Boxed' which implies that they are in the original packaging, which they aren't. Secondly, your postage charge was extortionate for the amount you actually paid and the quality of the packaging. But mainly, I am disappointed because the trainers have scuffs on both heels, which suggests they have been worn! I bought these as a present, but there is no way I can give them as a gift for a new baby. I would appreciate a full refund. If you let me have your address I will return them to you for re-listing if you wish. Paypal will not charge you if you request a refund. I hope we can sort this problem out amicably without involving ebay.

Thanks
Dawn

The listing shows the box which the trainers were sent in, the postage was £2.00 and the trainers were new as my daughter got them as a present but they didnt fit

any advice

this is pic

:Cool2:

·
vxon's biggest *****
213 Posts
i sell on ebay and as long as the trainers havnt been worn you aint got to give a refund , some people are really funny on there mind and they will open a dispute , just be carefull :Cool2: you dont want negative feedback

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
porchie said:
i sell on ebay and as long as the trainers havnt been worn you aint got to give a refund , some people are really funny on there mind and they will open a dispute , just be carefull :Cool2: you dont want negative feedback

sent her a reply to the email and ive had no reply since so maybe she knows shes in the wrong

·
Registered
102 Posts
porchie said:
Negative feedback, is'nt the end of the world though, I don't not buy because of it, obviously depending on the amount and reason.

Give her a refund, minus postage, then leave neg feedback, people like that are twats. I've got things before that are not quite up to my standard, but I just think ah well and get on with it, and I still leave pos feedback, unless really bad...

Careful with paypal, they always take the purchasers side, and automatically refund them, out of your paypal account, unless you can fight your cause, then you get the money back:mmmm

·
vxon's biggest *****
213 Posts
dave's.cavy said:
sent her a reply to the email and ive had no reply since so maybe she knows shes in the wrong
hope she stays away :lmao: they look perfect to me :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
patty said:
Negative feedback, is'nt the end of the world though, I don't not buy because of it, obviously depending on the amount and reason.

Give her a refund, minus postage, then leave neg feedback, people like that are twats. I've got things before that are not quite up to my standard, but I just think ah well and get on with it, and I still leave pos feedback, unless really bad...

Careful with paypal, they always take the purchasers side, and automatically refund them, out of your paypal account, unless you can fight your cause, then you get the money back:mmmm

One of the main reasons I don't do Paypal anymore.

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
patty said:

have just emailed about refund, waiting for trainers to arrive back, then will wait for her feedback

cheers

·
vxon's biggest *****
213 Posts
dave's.cavy said:
i think shes just trying her luck and decided she dnt want them anymore
thats what i thought :Cool2: theres lots of twats like that on ebay:lmao:

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
porchie said:
thats what i thought :Cool2: theres lots of twats like that on ebay:lmao:
very true, will wait for her feedback then leave mine, then will relist the trainers, as long as she hasnt deliberately scuffed them herself

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
minus postage minus pacakging minus carpark money (minus bag of chips!!)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just be careful with what you put in any emails to the buyer as if the said buyer gets it in his/her head to report you to ebay, then you could find your Acc suspended. I had a problem like that a few year agowith a buyer trying it on and ended up with me being thrown off ebay until after a few phone calls to ebay AND PayPal i got my accounts back and cleaned lol

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NewCavOwner said:
Just be careful with what you put in any emails to the buyer as if the said buyer gets it in his/her head to report you to ebay, then you could find your Acc suspended. I had a problem like that a few year agowith a buyer trying it on and ended up with me being thrown off ebay until after a few phone calls to ebay AND PayPal i got my accounts back and cleaned lol
just think there after a refund

·
Registered
131 Posts
More than lightly, If it was me i`d get them to send me the item back then re-fund them -the postage then leave a neg. Dont worry about getting one back as you could do 1 of either 3 things, 1: Either leave a neg as soon as you get your item back,, 2: wait till they leave you any and then you reply to it { under what they leave if any} or 3: If they havent left any {up to how ever many days ebay give you to leave feedback} then leave it before the time is up so they CANT reply to anything you put.

Also go into your seller settings and block them from bidding on anything else you sell..

Oh and why not stick the buyers ebay ID up in the Trading Disputes section on here so we can all be on the look-out.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Had a woman bough our old baby walker for 99p, they cost £30 in the shops. It was described as well used by both our children and she complained that it was scuffed around the edge and the electronics didn't work. I explained to her that she needed to put some batteries in and that the scuff are as descibed. She backed off, but some people are just chancers and will try anything.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I had a Cav speedo cover that sold for 99p, the tw*t didn't pay so I opened a dispute just for the hell of it. He eventually paid after 3 weeks and immediatley left me negative feedback without contacting me first, saying on the feedback that the item was scratched. It was in perfect condition and very well packaged. I obviously left a negative back. The cvnt then went on to e-mail me telling me I didn't know the difference between a Cav and Calibra speedo cover? I just bit my lip and ignored it - as said some EBayers are complete vvankers. Depending on how much positive feedback you have (I would say 50 or above is OK) leave her a negative to stop the ***** fecking everyone around. Most people who look at feedback will not bother if there are a couple of negatives. I usually look at who left the negative and then at their own feedback - that usually shows that they have been given quite a few and are hence just a tosser anyway.

·
15,300 Posts
Firstly, were they in the ORIGINAL box?
Secondly, did you put on the auction how much postage would be?
The fact that it actually cost you less to post them is irrelivant.
She was happy enough to pay that much postage when she bidded.
Were they scuffed on the heels even though they were new?
If so, you should of said so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts