Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,453 Posts
Yeah, I had no choice when the petrol light was on recently.

I've had to put bits of 95 in over the years. Usually just takes the sparkle out of the performance, but with this E10, it seemed to full-on throw a wobbler. From what I've read, I didn't think it could affect things this quickly.

Generally, I switch between Esso 99 and V-Power. Not impressed with BP ultimate, and nor were the motoring journalists/testers.
I've had crap results from BP since back in Southend.. So.... 20 years or thereabouts.

Put some in my 24V Senator on my way to migmeet at Westerham..
0ddball took it for a spin and was massively unimpressed.

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2009 Lexus GS450h
2,925 Posts
Filled up with it for the first time today.

First time in about 2 years that my fuel light came on as always brim it every Friday... but been on holiday for the last week so didn't do it last week so virtually a full flush of E10.

I don't think I can afford to lose 3 or 4 mpg!!
Did seem to drop during a 15mile 70mph (cruise control) from 40+ to the high 30's on the readout graph, same road just opposite direction.

Performance wise, didn't really notice much difference tbh but then again the way my car delivers it is weird as partly electric and all electronic jiggery-pokery e-cvt.

We shall seeeeeee

·
Rascal
12,675 Posts
I wouldn't put e10 in anything remotely performance, especially forced induction..

The vectra (na z22se) returned around 30 average according to the comp on tesco 99.
I stuck esso 99 in it last night and the comp is telling me ~37.

Not accurate, of course, but as an indication I think it speaks volumes.

The skoda struggled to maintain 26-ish with tesco.
It's near 28 with esso and I've kicked the crap out of it today.

Remember Esso Ultimate has zero ethanol.
I think the 2.2 is the only engine Vauxhall say can’t run on E10

·
Foldy roll
16,453 Posts
I think the 2.2 is the only engine Vauxhall say can’t run on E10
The Z22YH can't, the Z22SE is fine on E10. Tbf it's a bit vague because, iirc, either GM or the Govt just say 2.2... definitely the YH is the problem though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Esso supplies Tesco, that doesn't mean it's the same fuel sold at Esso garages though.

I've been impressed with the Tesco 99, my car is giving almost diesel levels of economy. It's very sluggish though, it's very underpowered!

·
Foldy roll
16,453 Posts
Esso supplies Tesco, that doesn't mean it's the same fuel sold at Esso garages though.

I've been impressed with the Tesco 99, my car is giving almost diesel levels of economy. It's very sluggish though, it's very underpowered!
The forecourts add their own mix once the fuel gets to the tanks.
Esso Ultimate has zero ethanol (in spite of being labelled E5), Tesco is E5.

edit why would you be impressed with a fuel that makes the car sluggish and feel underpowered?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The forecourts add their own mix once the fuel gets to the tanks.
Esso Ultimate has zero ethanol (in spite of being labelled E5), Tesco is E5.

edit why would you be impressed with a fuel that makes the car sluggish and feel underpowered?
It's sluggish either way, I'm impressed by the economy.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Friend over the road is an elderly woman and has asked about the fuel in her Micra.
I looked and it says all Nissans after 2000, her's is a 51 plate so very close.
Not sure what to tell her.

·
Foldy roll
16,453 Posts
Friend over the road is an elderly woman and has asked about the fuel in her Micra.
I looked and it says all Nissans after 2000, her's is a 51 plate so very close.
Not sure what to tell her.
51 plate is 2001/02.
That's after 2000. Should be fine, same as all the other cars that should be fine (up to 2011 when they had to work with the stuff by law)

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
OK Cheers Evil. Yes it's 2001. Didn't want to be telling her it's ok and then she has problems.

·
Foldy roll
16,453 Posts
OK Cheers Evil. Yes it's 2001. Didn't want to be telling her it's ok and then she has problems.
I hear ya....
I mean, if she does chuck half a tank of E10 in and her car spews she could just fill it with premium E5.. They're completely mixable.
Not easy to find definitive info for every car, just a lot of 'should be ok'.. Even the manufacturers have been a bit grey about it.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I hear ya....
I mean, if she does chuck half a tank of E10 in and her car spews she could just fill it with premium E5.. They're completely mixable.
Not easy to find definitive info for every car, just a lot of 'should be ok'.. Even the manufacturers have been a bit grey about it.
Yes that's always a good point, mixing the fuel.
I mean I doubt there's much difference between the 1996 Micra or the 2001 Micra.
All the engines appear to be the same.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts