Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wanting to get some information on whether I can use E10 petrol in my 2008 1.8 l vectra estate? Thanks

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Will E10 work in my 2.0 cdti insignia? I heard that it will and I’m not sure wether to try it. Thanks

·
16,186 Posts
I got about 4 miles in my Corsa 1.5TD when I put petrol in it so not a good idea!

·
Super Moderator
28,336 Posts
Fuel economy will suffer on this E10 , many owners will see a drop of at least 3% , some owners of cars maybe more.

·
16,186 Posts
Apparently because it absorbs water out of the fuel system some people notice a dip in performance until a few tanks have been run through.

Reactions: Ashely Cook

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,453 Posts
I don't think my Vectra c 1.8 120 likes it much. Seems to loose 4-5 mpg. I use the Supermarket 99 and get 48 mpg at 70 mph.
You'd need to compare tank to tank really..
And 95ron to 99 isn't comparable really..

I get better mpg using esso 99 than I do tesco 99..

Old 95 was worse than both.

If you're happy with the cost and mpg of 99,carry on.... Otherwise try e10...
You can always switch, they're totally mixable.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,702 Posts
Maybe coincidence, but I had to whack some E10 in to the Subaru, and it went in to limp-mode almost straight away. In 5th gear it usually makes about 19 lbs of boost. Making the safe 6 lbs at the moment. I put some Esso 99 in the other day, and it's OCCASIONALLY boosting properly.

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,453 Posts
Maybe coincidence, but I had to whack some E10 in to the Subaru, and it went in to limp-mode almost straight away. In 5th gear it usually makes about 19 lbs of boost. Making the safe 6 lbs at the moment. I put some Esso 99 in the other day, and it's OCCASIONALLY boosting properly.
I wouldn't put e10 in anything remotely performance, especially forced induction..

The vectra (na z22se) returned around 30 average according to the comp on tesco 99.
I stuck esso 99 in it last night and the comp is telling me ~37.

Not accurate, of course, but as an indication I think it speaks volumes.

The skoda struggled to maintain 26-ish with tesco.
It's near 28 with esso and I've kicked the crap out of it today.

Remember Esso Ultimate has zero ethanol.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,702 Posts
Yeah, I had no choice when the petrol light was on recently.

I've had to put bits of 95 in over the years. Usually just takes the sparkle out of the performance, but with this E10, it seemed to full-on throw a wobbler. From what I've read, I didn't think it could affect things this quickly.

Generally, I switch between Esso 99 and V-Power. Not impressed with BP ultimate, and nor were the motoring journalists/testers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts