Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine asked me about these today, DYNO-TAB® Octane Booster Tablets. Now I have never heard of them and I am very sceptical of any so called Octane Booster !

I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about them?

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
well if its got the knock sensor and all the other bits still attached (not taken out of the loop by the remap) then it should help. you can run either slightly higher boost or a little less ignition retard (which the computer would do on its own if the knock sensor is still being listened to). either way it'll make it more efficient.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do You want? a Dragster? put Nitrox Gear in.
otherwise forget the Tablets,if they should work,which i doubt, the Benefit would be very marginally,ie. not noticable.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
What do You want? a Dragster? put Nitrox Gear in.
otherwise forget the Tablets,if they should work,which i doubt, the Benefit would be very marginally,ie. not noticable.
what? so a naturally aspirated (which means it'll make less difference) M3 can lose nearly 30bhp on poor fuel but a tuned supra that was meant for jap (102?-ron) fuel in the first place wont notice it?
you may well not notice it on a hairdryer or an engine that doesnt advance the ignition based on knock sensor readings but you definately will on a supra turbo.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I did read about some octane booster tablets in a mag at work (work in magazine distribution warehouse) and they said apparently they had given good results in tests.

Millers CVL turbo is supposed to be 1 of the best. When tested with shell optimax it took the octane to 101ron (from 98). Also ina mag at work, read about Aldon Automotives own octane booster. Apparently it's what alot of rally cars use (not strictly legal though).

For general use, Millers do an Octane plus octane booster, not as good as CVL turbo, but gives about 2 ron on 95ron fuel, but is cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts