Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
it can be done,

but you can stab yourself in with eye with a stick of celery....the question would be why bother?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
good point. because i want one! never had a turbo'd motor before and i love the sound of a valve! dont you?
yes i do,
just persoanlly would see the point on a lower power diesel as people would just think either youve got one of those chav things off ebay that just make the noise, or they might think you actually have a high power turbo, but then your performance would just make them think its crap,

your choice in the end obviously, but i cant see why you couldnt have one as long as youve got an intercooler,
if the turbo would actual be powerful enough to make any sort of sound you could actually here is a different matter tho, may just be a pfff, rather than ppppppsssssssstttttt, if you see what i mean,

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
You can buy a thing on ebay that makes a fake turbo sound? :bananasmi

·
Still proud to be a
4,111 Posts
A diesel will probably produce a louder whoosh than a petrol anyway, unless vauxhall have dropped the boost since the Isuzu days.

It'll fit, loose you performance, and probably sound a bit chavvy yes, but as you have to activate them electronically with a vacuum solanoid and an accelerator switch, then technically you can wire in an extra switch to turn it off completly when you dont want the sound :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts