Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I fitted a used bailey dump valve yesterday (bought off ebay from a Astra GSI)

I split the pipe leading to the fuel regulator for the vacume of the valve.

The noise it is making is the ptssssss but completely at the wrong time...
as the turbo is spooling up the valve is open and the presure from the turbo is lost (no power and lagging)

Any idea what the problem could be? All the fastenings are tight, and the vacume pipe is secure
It might be a DV26 valve(the seller reconed) - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330298182136

Bad quality pic of fitted dump valve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didnt think you coul duse a petrol dump valve on a diesel???

have you tried reversing the valve and see if that works???

reversing it makes no odds as its still the same direction

Maybe thats the problem then if its not designed for a diesel... what valves are out there for diesels that isnt made by Bailey?

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,813 Posts
Diesel's don't operate off of a Vacuum - hence solenoids are required to operate the vacuum from the brake servo - hence why a dump valve kit for one is expensive

They are completely pointless on a Diesel anyway

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apart from the ppspsssss noise, what are you trying to achieve by fitting a dump valve to a diesel?
Well iv already got the Diesel Power Plus Tuning box which has created hell of alot more power, my van still feels abit laggy in a few gears, iv been told that the dump valve probably wont make much more difference but i thought it may have been worth ago for £31 that i spent on the bailey dump valve. Im not so sure i want to spent £225 on a dump valve if its goin to make sod all difference?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Doesn't this engine already come with a dump valve? I have a 54 plate Sportive CDTi and I get the ppspsssss noise and I defo aint fitted a dump valve on it! Where does it go anyway? That piccy above shows a bit before the throttle body that mine hasn't got, is that the dump valve?

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
there won't be any vaccum from the inlet manifold on a diesel,it need's to come from the brake servo,and to do that it need's a solinoid,or it will leak boost all the time,as your pssssssssssssssssssst is confiming

sorry double post i missed dj's comment

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,813 Posts
Sell the Bailey **** and leave well alone - no need for a dump valve on a diesel, it'll make it worse for lag as the turbo will require spooling up again to get the boost back

Modern diesels are effective because they stay on the turbo for a fair while, hence decent torque figures etc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sell the Bailey **** and leave well alone - no need for a dump valve on a diesel, it'll make it worse for lag as the turbo will require spooling up again to get the boost back

Modern diesels are effective because they stay on the turbo for a fair while, hence decent torque figures etc
Yeh i am thinkin that, bit of a waste of time really, was only doin it for a cheap bit of fun :) cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.