Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 09 vauxhall astra club 1.4 does this car have a dualmass fly wheel can somebody help please

·
Premium Member
15,194 Posts
Yes mate, 100%, changed loads of engines and clutches, in fact i have a 1.4 petrol engine with clutch and flywheel fitted sat in my workshop waiting to go into a Corsa as soon as, solid flywheel..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mate, 100%, changed loads of engines and clutches, in fact i have a 1.4 petrol engine with clutch and flywheel fitted sat in my workshop waiting to go into a Corsa as soon as, solid flywheel..

View attachment 96846
Thanks mate basically my car is juddering on pull away its fine changing gear only does it pulling away would that be a clutch problem

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Just a thought, but if you haven't been using your car much, the clutch might be damp.
Certainly on my car, if I don't use it for a week, the clutch judders when pulling away, and I have found that deliberately slipping the clutch for a short while seems to cure the judder, at least until the next time I don't drive it for a week or so.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought, but if you haven't been using your car much, the clutch might be damp.
Certainly on my car, if I don't use it for a week, the clutch judders when pulling away, and I have found that deliberately slipping the clutch for a short while seems to cure the judder, at least until the next time I don't drive it for a week or so.
I only bought the car Friday I did not notice it to begin with ive been told it could be misfiring at low revs ive changed the spark plugs so the next thing I'm going to check is the coil pack ive also read that a faulty lambda sensor can cause this juddering??

·
Super Moderator
27,507 Posts
It only happens on pull away its fine every other time could that be engine mounts still
You may have to live with it , the juddering occurs when the clutch plate face doesn’t make a smooth contact with the face of the flywheel when the two make that initial contact , always more noticeable on a standing start first gear change if there’s a problem when the 2 meet up , once the weight of the car is rolling along there’s less weight to pick up between the flywheel & the clutch as the 2 surfaces touch during gear changes , hence no juddering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may have to live with it , the juddering occurs when the clutch plate face doesn’t make a smooth contact with the face of the flywheel when the two make that initial contact , always more noticeable on a standing start first gear change if there’s a problem when the 2 meet up , once the weight of the car is rolling along there’s less weight to pick up between the flywheel & the clutch as the 2 surfaces touch during gear changes , hence no juddering.
Would a new clutch and flywheel not sort it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It should do , providing when it’s done you allow everything to bed in nicely.
Cheers mate I will look at getting it done its not slipping and the gear change is all smooth the clutch pedal feels OK and the biting point is OK I'm having it looked at by my mechanic in a minute so will see what he says

1 - 13 of 13 Posts