Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
vxon parts dude
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was delievering for my dealer and my last drop was another smaller vaux dealer 20 miles away.

sitting on there forecourt was a gleaming silver 06 plate vectra vxr.after i had finsihed delievering went in and saw the sales guys and gave them some guff about the discounts at my place being crap(mind you not that far off- they arent particualy great ) and asked for a test drive.

got in it and it felt a nice place to sit with grippy half leather recaros.started her up and sounded so sweet - put a nice big grin on my face

car only had 56 miles on the clock.the guy told me it was pdi'd mon so only been on road 3 days

was impressed by the ride.considering it rides on 19's and a 35 profile the ride wasnt harsh at all, although the steering did feel a bit light.waited for car to warm up then opened her up.yeehaa!! for such a big car bugger me did it shift.you had the lovely effect of boost and a v6 roar.

i see vec c's all day long but never really warmed to them.always thought the vec b looked better but this thing looked lovely and i would gladly chop mine in for one of these if i could afford it

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
bigbazzer said:
i was delievering for my dealer and my last drop was another smaller vaux dealer 20 miles away.

sitting on there forecourt was a gleaming silver 06 plate vectra vxr.after i had finsihed delievering went in and saw the sales guys and gave them some guff about the discounts at my place being crap(mind you not that far off- they arent particualy great ) and asked for a test drive.

got in it and it felt a nice place to sit with grippy half leather recaros.started her up and sounded so sweet - put a nice big grin on my face

car only had 56 miles on the clock.the guy told me it was pdi'd mon so only been on road 3 days

was impressed by the ride.considering it rides on 19's and a 35 profile the ride wasnt harsh at all, although the steering did feel a bit light.waited for car to warm up then opened her up.yeehaa!! for such a big car bugger me did it shift.you had the lovely effect of boost and a v6 roar.

i see vec c's all day long but never really warmed to them.always thought the vec b looked better but this thing looked lovely and i would gladly chop mine in for one of these if i could afford it
i went to my local vaux and there was a vectra vxr in there i sat inside and thought yes i could get used to this untill my lady grabs me and says dont even think about it:shame: i dont know how old is was but it was up for just shy of 25k

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts

The body kit improves it slightly.... Loving them clocks! And look at the size of them seats!!! :eh

Still unsure about the grey dash...

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I dunno about that. It's been over 10 years since the original (UK) Vectra was launched and there's still plenty of Cavs around.

·
6,336 Posts
hmmmmmm :up: Mid two hundreds horsepower and kerbweight under 1400kgs would be just fine ....

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Andy M said:
Its more anthracite than grey, nothing like the horrible grey cav interiors lol
I'll give u that, my parents GLS was a nice shade of grey... :eh
Can't beat the old cream though! :Cool2:

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
TheMorphiuz said:
I'll give u that, my parents GLS was a nice shade of grey... :eh
Can't beat the old cream though! :Cool2:
You can, anthracite like mine, and like yours will be ;)

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
kingrod said:
give it 10 years and we will all be driving one as they will be the same as the cavs
Doubt it. Apart from basic servicing, with all the electronics in it if anything major goes wrong you'll be stuffed.:shame:

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Look at 10 yrs back with ECUs airbags, fuel computers etc, who'd have thought we'd be reprogramming them etc

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
You need manufacturer diagnostic equipment (Tech2 etc) to sort out faults on most new cars. That's just the way it's going unfortunately...

·
22,199 Posts
I hate the looks of the new Vectra front...much prefered the original C.

Especially the OPC, which would have become the VXR...(sorry about the size)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts