Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i need to remove my front wing, yep bumper & wheel arch liner off etc, no probs with this, but i keep reading about a bolt under the front A pillar window, does any one know if this can be accessed without removing this window etc ? , ie simply undo fitting at the sill, inside the door opening section and top of wing.

The bolt by the A pillar window is my concern ........

Comments appreiated, Andy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found this - the hidden bolt under the quarter like looks like as the wing is curved - possibly remove wheel arch liner and looking up this bolt head may be visable ? then a couple of turns without removing the bolt fully and the other bolts removed the wing should come out ? what do we think folks ? ....(y)

This is black primered wing - would have to grey primered before being sprayed pale blue

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi, i have the same link, yes bolt no1 in the picture seems to be under the front glass, im hoping with the curve of the wing etc, wheel arch liner removed and looking upwards - i should be able to see this bolt etc.

Once i get the wing off i can rear adjust the A pillar hinges hopefully held inplace by 2 bolts to realign the front door then fit a new wing (y). The top hinge needs to move forwards by about 1.5mm to open the top gap where it sits close to back door and close the gap at the bottom of the door etc.

Cheers for your comment though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attempted work on the car this weekend, partial realign door while sorting wing etc, Slackened 4 13mm bolt heads on A pillar post ( 2 bolts per hinge and regaped equal gap between drivers front & rear door, dott just needs readjusting when wing off to lift it by about 1 mm as sitting close to sill, but a lot better than before.

The BOLT issue behind the front quarter light glass etc, I cant see any problems here as shown here in pic, car jacked up, splash liner removed, indicator unclipped and theRED CIRCLED bolt head 10mm, with a opened spanner from here : 2 - 3 turns with spanner ie spanner on and move spanner round about 1/2" rotational travel etc - do this 3 times and I have play at fixing - wing is lose allowing the wing to be drawn away.

Next step - find a reasonably priced professional paint group - I will remove wing and refit new painted wing.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts