Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again.

Drive shaft has gone on my 95 Cav 1.8. :bananasmi

Ive changed quite a few of these in the past only haven't for a couple of years, I cant remember the torque setting for the centre hub nut.

I seem to remember there was a figure then 90 degrees to finish?

Am I on the right track here folks? Car carries kids so I need to make double sure .

thanks for any info.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
i dont know myself but it will tell you in the haynes manual. do you have an airtools? i have never torqued a hub nut myself to be honest, besides checking with a bar that things were tight. but it should not come slack, that is what the split pin is for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No manual here Stuart. that would solve the problem. Ive got one for the carlton and senator and use the supplement for engine info on the 1.8, course they're RWD and not applicable.

No airtools, i have a ratchet socket on a bar Ive had forever that fits the hubnuts and it sturdy enough to stand and jump on :lmao: . I just need the initial torque of the nut. Buggered if I can remember it. Noone I Know has a Cav either.

thanks.

Edit. I just remembered that the nut is tightened and then released, THEN 90 degrees tighter, i think!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill have to spring for a manual i think. hate to bloody do it, always the same though. only need them for torque settings whatever motor it is. :cry:

wouldnt it be great if there was an online source for specs without having to beg for information on forums etc. hmmm now theres an idea for a new section on this board :lmao:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
theres a manual on here somewhere... do a search for haynes manual :)

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
cavilier 88to 95, f to n reg.
torque wrench settings. front hub nut.
1 96 lb ft.
2 loosen nut fully
3 15 lb ft
4 angle tighten a further 80 degrees

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a million for the manual and the info there. Im blown away by the generosity.

NICE ONE!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts