Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the dimensions (Length and width) of the drive belt off the top of their head?

R

·
0 Posts
James, it depends on whether you have aircon or not. There are two made. I will try and get the sizes for you.

R

·
0 Posts
Well James, either Mark is wrong or Autovaux are wrong. SO you'll have to check I'm afraid. According to www.autovaux.co.uk 's website the belt is 1900mm. I suggest you ring vauxhall and ask them mate. I don't want to give you the wrong info.

Another reason I am going off this car again. Too many possibile differences. plugs, leads, belts.

My Omega is definitely going. I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing what James is doing (no offence). I'm too old for all that now. I just a want a car that works, so I guess that will mean Japanese or German then.

I wonder why the british car industry is virtually dead.

L

·
0 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:

My Omega is definitely going. I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing what James is doing (no offence). I'm too old for all that now. I just a want a car that works, so I guess that will mean Japanese or German then.
Or Swedish... drove a "modified" 9000 Aero yesterday.... :D

R

·
0 Posts
You just beat me to it Dave. We had about 9 Volvo estates over the years. Great cars. I am considering a T5 at the moment. Fantastic car.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, thanks Finlay/Mark I guess I'll be measuring then. I completely agree with you Finlay - I think I'll probably fix and sell, this was supposed to be my cheap, reliable daily driver. Will hang on to it for a few months (If it ever works again! :lmao: ), then get shot.

I've got plans for something slightly more fun and probably even less reliable ... but it's Japanese!

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:
I just a want a car that works, so I guess that will mean Japanese or German then.
You have a German designed and built car now.....

.....I have said it before and I will say it again, you are suffering from the previous owners neglect!

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
laidback66 said:
Or Swedish... drove a "modified" 9000 Aero yesterday.... :D
Lovely car, being based on the same chassis as the 164, did you suffer from entertaining Torque Steer?

Guy who bought some bits off ebay from me came round to pick up them up. He had an Aero, spent 2 mins exchanging the bits, and the next half hour talking about his car.

Black with the black leather 'Darth Vader' type seats.

James.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
There are 3 different lengths actually - with aircon - without aircon - and very early models of the V6 had an extra roller!!!!!! you don't have to use this extra roller - just bypass it - vauxhall don't sell the belt anymore for the extra roller one - but you can get them aftermarket.

The extra roller was only on the early aircon models - yours is quite an early one though so might still have it.

JSeaman said:
Anybody know the dimensions (Length and width) of the drive belt off the top of their head?

L

·
0 Posts
Warning... tempory thread hijack! :spam

Yes James, it had some torque steer when I really nailed i, but :lockd me did it shift!! :eh

For front wheel drive it handled very well indeed, and those aero seats...

I have told him, if he sells it, I am having it! ;)

Ok, hijack over, sorry. :shame:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts