Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a drive away awning looking at getting one but not sure on what to go for, it's a lwb high roof vivaro

·
Registered
42 Posts
We bought the Outwell Daytona recently. Used it on two trips and find it pretty decent. Plenty room sown in groundsheet and access between van and main awning for getting wet boots off .

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use the andes bayo driveaway bought from amazon 200x300 easy to erect and looks the part was ok last year in the lakes after a storm no leaks and was still connected to van when we woke up

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought some ally awning rail and fixed to van I also got the driveaway plastic kit which makes it a breeze to connect and disconnect by just pulling each section out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping to not have to attach anymore to side if van as already got fiamma awning brackets on the side

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here's ours its a Kampa Midi Air, got it a couple of months ago and well pleased with it deceptively large it has a privacy partition with external door ( side door to first Air strut appx 1 mtr) pity i took the picture from this side because the windows and 1 of the doors are the other side. The opposite end to the van is a full width door, all windows have curtains, detachable ground sheet ( push clips really easy to fit etc ) i can have this unit blown up and in situ on the van in 10 minutes then peg out all done and dusted in 20 minutes easy. Unfortunately at the time of this picture i did not have an awning rail attached so i had to attach it to the van via bungee cords to the roof rails. I now have fitted awning rails to the van and use a Kader strip and figure of 8 connector and it now fits perfect with no sagging etc fits like a glove ( i will post some fresh pictures next time we go away ). We looked round at loads of different awnings and this one was by far the best of the bunch for us, i would highly recommend this unit go to the Kampa web site and see the video. I think they do the same awning for high roof vehicles too. It also has a 6000 Fabric waterproof rating

SDC11511.JPG
SDC11512.JPG

·
Registered
170 Posts
you also get a steel tube which you tie to van with the guide ropes which also does the same but not as good as the rails that came with the awning

·
Registered
126 Posts
No issues at all as it is the same size as a caravan with awning also remember a caravan with awning also has a car with it. i'm appx 5 mtr wide. We went to the Lakes 2 weeks ago and had quite a few other campervan owners coming to have a chat about the awning and all but 1 were transporter owners lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love the matching van/bike combo. Being a biker myself I can appreciate it more than most :)
Where did you get the chrome for the front grilles????

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got all of the External bling from Vanstyle - Look up my post 'Almost Done' it will give you all the suppliers i used.

I did the bike way before i bought the Van the bike is a lighter shade of Grey with Kawasaki Candy Lime Green decals i made up ( which gave me the idea to do the van ) a nightmare colour to paint but the end result is worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts