Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone recomend a DPF APP that can moniter the soot level and regens bluetooth adaptor and tell me where i can get one vauxhall insignia B sri blueinjection vrx line. thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,585 Posts
You could retro fit an 12v led regen light, then at least you'd know exactly when your car was having a regen or, not. Plenty of info on YouTube about fitting one, could take a feed from the driver's side door mirror wiring.
I've fitted 3 now on previous Vauxhalls, well worth the effort, as I've never suffered from any dpf related issues.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i have seen that but new shape insignia b you need to take off the whole door card as the tweeter is fitted into it was looking for a easy option. never had diesel before this dpf thing is a pain in the butt should have some sort of notification when its doing it .

·
Premium Member
17,585 Posts
It might take a bit of research to find out if both the dpf regen and the rear window demister share the same circuit? I previously took a 12v feed from a wire located near to the upper sill area of my previous Astra K, 1.6d. I also did the same with a previous Astra J, 2.0cdti, too.
When it goes into a regen, your idle revs should increase. That's the first thing to look out for, that's if it has the same dpf set up as previous Vauxhalls.
Unless someone comes forward with a Bluetooth APP that may work.

I now drive a petrol:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
28,404 Posts
yes i have seen that but new shape insignia b you need to take off the whole door card as the tweeter is fitted into it was looking for a easy option. never had diesel before this dpf thing is a pain in the butt should have some sort of notification when its doing it .
The regeneration of the DPF is supposed to happen seamlessly behind the scenes which is why you don’t always realise it’s doing a regeneration. Our Mini Countryman 2.0 diesel is always doing a regeneration has we pull into the drive , soon as engine is turned off you can hear the cooling fans spinning around. We don’t have a light fitted but so far it has always managed a regeneration at some point after that regeneration was interrupted.

·
Premium Member
17,585 Posts
It's the 2 litre turbo 170 bhp just don't feel comfortable taking door card off after spending
£12.600. For the car.
I'm not exactly sure, but it may be the whisper 2.0cdti engine? If so, I owned the earlier version of this engine within the Astra J, I'll have a look within the archive, try and locate my dpf regen light fitting thread. Neither am I sure if the wiring would be the same? It was with the Astra J and K, as I did both.
Found one, I also fitted one within the same way to a previous Astra J 2.0cdti-

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Ive got the elm 327 used with the torque pro app. It doesnt monitor the dpf on my zafira. I havent been able to find an app that does not for my car anyway. I fitted the led warning light which is easy enough to do on mine anyway. As Boroboy has said, at idle the revs are higher than normal, fuel mpg drops dramatically at idle. Mine chucks a load smoke out the exhaust during a regen too.

Bill

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok here we go again my Vauxhall insignia grand sport message came up action required cleaning exhaust filter continue driving which I did and it went off but eml came on went into limp mode . returned back to where I brought the car Vauxhall dealer investigation dome dpf malfunctioning so it was eventually replace under warranty £1930 drove the car home yesterday no problems.this morning drove 20 miles message appears again action required cleaning exhaust filter continue driving is this normal . It's less than 60 miles since fitted any ideas thanks .I will be taking it back for further investigation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts