Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been a lurker over at these forums for a while now to solve some minor issues.
Today is my first post and I'm hoping you can help me.
My daughter was repeatedly clicking unlock / lock on our key fob this morning and now none of the doors open. I can see the doors being unlocked and locked due to the sound and the pins going up and down.
I managed to open the drivers side door with the key and gentle persuasion, the other doors won't open from inside or out.
Oh and the boot does open.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Sounds like the central locking module is confused or busy (due to the numerous times lock and unlock has been pressed). If you have the car pass (for stereo code and immobiliser). It could just be a case of disconnecting the battery for a few hours to reset the module. Unlss someone else knows somthing more.

·
15,401 Posts
Sounds like the central locking module is confused or busy (due to the numerous times lock and unlock has been pressed). If you have the car pass (for stereo code and immobiliser). It could just be a case of disconnecting the battery for a few hours to reset the module. Unlss someone else knows somthing more.
@andyl knows, he answered basically the same thing a few weeks back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, been a lurker over at these forums for a while now to solve some minor issues.
Today is my first post and I'm hoping you can help me.
My daughter was repeatedly clicking unlock / lock on our key fob this morning and now none of the doors open. I can see the doors being unlocked and locked due to the sound and the pins going up and down.
I managed to open the drivers side door with the key and gentle persuasion, the other doors won't open from inside or out.
Oh and the boot does open.

Any help would be appreciated
Hi, Andy
I have the same issue how did you solve it ?

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
Try doing a battery reset by disconnecting the battery ground (negative) terminal for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, had this issue myself there, I disconnected the battery and tried other things and was told by the garage i bought it from that it was a computer thing gone in it and it was going to cost a few hundred to be replaced with a second hand unit. . I simply held the unlock button on my key fob for 10-20 seconds and checked the doors again and BOOM back to normal . .Hope this works for all of you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts