Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm looking to fit roof bars and rear door ladder on my 2014 Vauxhall movano. quite a few of the ladders say that they can't be used with reversing sensors. Has anyone got experience of door ladders interfering with stock reversing sensors?

If they do interfere would fitting a shorter ladder help? my van is l2h2 but could fit a ladder intended for a low roof

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
ref ladder make sure you do not fit one that can get in way of number plate as this is a fail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ref ladder make sure you do not fit one that can get in way of number plate as this is a fail.
thanks, I was planning to fit to opposite door to avoid plate. I'll have to have a play this weekend and work out where a ladder will set the sensors off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to report back on fitting the ladders. I've fitted them so bottom of ladder is a few inches above reversing sensor and the sensors still work fine. Just have to bear in mind that ladder sticks out a little further than the bumper.

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,126 Posts
Don't worry it will be level in about a fortnight like every other door ladder I've ever seen :ROFLMAO: shame about the door.
If they had semi hinged brackets that moved upwards & in towards the door, with a locking catch and when released came back to a solid stop. they would be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts