Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eh
I just picked up my new vectra, and im in love with it - the v6 roar, the smooth AND RESPONSIVE auto gear box, the leather seats blah blah.

but.........

I cannot find a review anywhere for a 1999 v6 auto sri - its recorded as such on the v5 etc, but nowhere can i find a trace of another one!

Im sure im talking b0ll0cks, enlighten me.

p.s. its ex-police

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
non taken mate, didnt mean to sound as if it was.

As it goes I had a BMW 328i manual str8 6 (2000),leather, sat nav, all the bells and whistles until 2 weeks ago. I made the mistake of listening to my heart and proposing to my partner a while back and in order to fund some (far from all) of the wedding I had to sell the beast and get something cheaper. So the V plate 2.5 v6 auto I got!

I do not regret it for an instant, i have driven it for 2 hours, having never driven an auto of my own before. its s3x! Admittedly the sound from the ss exhaust system & induction adds to the experience, but in terms of power its fantastic

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah I had a v6 cav auto a while back, best 6 pot I've heard.
Loved it for a while, but before long the auto really pissed me off. Give it time lol, you'll want control over the gear changes again :Cool2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah that was a reservation i had - i do like the involvement of a manual, but at £1400 i think i have a bargain ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the Vectra B SRi auto was only prepared for the police.
I can imagine that it sounds great especially on part throttle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the sound really is something i am totally in love with. it is loud, but it is a loudness that sounds effortless in a v6 auto. I love manuals, dont get me wrong - but the 'chorus' you get from an auto is very different.

i really really do not want an auto vs manual debate lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
viv said:
I think the Vectra B SRi auto was only prepared for the police.
I can imagine that it sounds great especially on part throttle.
oh and thanks for the police info - i was wondering about why i couldnt find standard info. i was told it is ex police, but with leather seats and no holes in the roof for the nee nah lights (yes i know the lights dont make the noise) i cant figure it out!

dont care anyway - love the car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
omega2be said:
oh and thanks for the police info - i was wondering about why i couldnt find standard info. i was told it is ex police, but with leather seats and no holes in the roof for the nee nah lights (yes i know the lights dont make the noise) i cant figure it out!

dont care anyway - love the car!
It may have been an unmarked motorway cruiser for catching unsuspecting motorists.

Northumbria Police (back in the day) had two (one grey one black) cavvy GSi 4x4s with "POLICE STOP" signs in the parcel shelf. I know because my dad was pulled over by one in his Jag

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but this is another thing - the mileage is only slightly over 80k, which for a car which should have spent the last 6 years patroling on a motorway isnt a hell of a lot!

·
Registered
32 Posts
omega2be said:
but this is another thing - the mileage is only slightly over 80k, which for a car which should have spent the last 6 years patroling on a motorway isnt a hell of a lot!
Maybe it was owned by a county with small motorway stretches, I'm running out of ideas here.

80k is mighty low for a cop car its age. Is it white?

Maybe it was a high ranking officer's "company" car? They do this apprently.

C

·
0 Posts
omega2be said:
Yeah 'cause cops don't park up eating donuts and drinking coffee :lmao:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very very true - so why are people put off so much? at 1400 i think it was a steal.

Ill post pics tomorrow, and yes, it is white - other than that the only giveaway it might have had police equipment in it is 4 small holes where something snazzy and detective was obviously screwed in to the passenger door card (donut holder??)

High ranking officers car, hmmmm - i like that idea lol, i'm a man of status!

C

·
0 Posts
Will have been properly and regularly serviced, no expense spared more than likely.
Only downside for me would be the thrashings with cold oil, but if the car's cheap, and engine's sweet, who gives a f*ck?

·
Still proud to be a
4,111 Posts
CallyT said:
An auto sri? What a sell out by Vaux :shame:
lol what about the vectra sri 120, 0-60 in 11 seconds, whats sporty about that :lmao:

My td cav was quicker!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts