·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Invest in a HID kit H4 6000K Hight/low kit

·
Registered
32 Posts
not really.........

got 80/100watt lamps in mine with blue/white tint made by Ring and have passed an MOT with them in and had no problems with other drivers flashing at me...... Give them a try........

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C3MKY said:
Invest in a HID kit H4 6000K Hight/low kit
how much do these go for and wheres the best place to get one.

they give much improvement? i saw a bloke fitted a set to his calibra and it was amazing.. cos those things have REALLY shocking headlights

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
shrink said:
how much do these go for and wheres the best place to get one.

they give much improvement? i saw a bloke fitted a set to his calibra and it was amazing.. cos those things have REALLY shocking headlights

There was a group buy over on MIG, but it was hampered by certain sellers trying it on with the price and products offered.

There are some sellers on eBay, but mostly overseas, so becaureful not to get stung with import tax, which you will. I pulled out of the group buy. The prices are slowly coming down, and there are actually sellers in the UK on eBay selling them now. Do a seach on MIG for them, theres some good photos showing how good they really are.!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have found the replacement branded blue xeon and high output zeon Halford's bulbs to be excellent - the high output ones I'd definately reccommend. Diffenerce is well worth it. Suggested them to a mate with an Octavia (which already has xeons) and was well impressed with them.

Ta - WolvoCav

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, standard fitting bulbs and even work with the self leveling system.

I don't really see myself replacing them as they are very white with a slight blue green tinge so don't attract plod but look modern. Probably added 50% to the distance I can see on standard beam. Main beam is insanely bright!

Good thing too is that if one blows, straight down Halford's to pick up another.

Right, off down the chippy. Hunger calls.

Ta - WolvoCav

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
halfords super brilliance arent too bad for uprated bulbs, bogof at halfords, if the offer is still on. i had ring sportz blue 80w in my calibra and they were brighter but didnt spread the light any further than standard

·
22,199 Posts
I think brighter bulbs work...i had Halfords 30% in Cav's and had them in my Cally...now got Osram Silverstars in now at 50% brighter...better bulbs work better in some cars than others, depending largely on the design of the reflector unit.

·
Carepolice
826 Posts
JayStone said:
not really.........

got 80/100watt lamps in mine with blue/white tint made by Ring and have passed an MOT with them in and had no problems with other drivers flashing at me...... Give them a try........
your pushing the standard wiring to its limit with those bulbs, certainly wouldnt reccomend running 100watt bulbs unless you have re-fed the lights using heavier cable.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Ive now been running 90/120's for about 6 months now. Hasnt had any adverse effect on the wiring and makes a BIG difference...Doesnt cost much either..:Cool2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
The cheap bulbs off ebay are s**t Get some Halfords 50% brighter bulbs they are really good. I brought two lots off bulbs off ebay and both were poorer than standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts