Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just bought some four-stud calibra alloys off ebay to go on my Cav. i have steel wheels at the mo and thought I would be able to use the existing bolts for now. But the bloke at Motorworld, or whatever its called, reckons I need a whole set of alloy bolts costing £3 each. But another bloke at the tyre fitting centre reckons i'll be just fine using my existing bolts. Does anyone know who is right cos at this rate the bolts could end up costing more than the wheels!!!!
Ta Jim

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
LMAO
All a con to get you to spend more money dude!!!!!

Never heard such b0110x........................
You will be fine usin your existing ones :up:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all,
Yeah, this guy was basically saying that if the bolt was made of steel it would eat up the wheel because alloy is a softer metal. Always thought all bolts were made of steel....? It's not like there's any movement occuring between the bolt and wheel.
Ta, Jim

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
he is maybe a bit confused as some of the older fords needed different wheel bolts for alloy wheels , but vauxhall dont as the alloys have a steel ring in each hole for the bolt to seat onto.

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
cav TD gls said:
he is maybe a bit confused as some of the older fords needed different wheel bolts for alloy wheels , but vauxhall dont as the alloys have a steel ring in each hole for the bolt to seat onto.
Spot on, steel to steel contact so no electrolitic corrosion. Vaux locking bolts work steel or alloy wheels. No problem with your bolts, just an attempted garage rip-off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts