Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive just bought a vauxhall signum elegance and its come with a cd30 and a display above it but all the display says is display safe and I cant get rid of it but I dont know any of the controls or what to do can anyone help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers i tryed this but it dident beep or do anything so i took it to a vauxhall dealer near me they tryed it and it dident work they said that the radio i have may not be the originial and to take it to an audio shop near by

·
1,647 Posts
The radio and display are paired it's called married so sorry but your best bet is to get a new second hand set of eBay and fit as a pair , do not get them if they are not sold as a Pair taken from the same car , or you can fit most after market units but you will need an adaptor and if it's a single din unit a new face plate again eBay yours is what's call a double din it's big all the best

·
1,647 Posts
The reason you get them as a pair is that there's no need to divorce or marry it's just plug and play , but to answer your question you need to have the car pass to do any changes and an opcom or tec2 and if they are from different cars you need to know the were divorced befor removal or they have to go back in the car and worked on that's why there are loads about as once the come out the car without being divorced they are of no use it stops people stealing them , there are some tec people that can rechip them but it's not cheap so go down the easy buy a pair that way no coding when they come out or go in to any car all the best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts