Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1350 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
My mate was one of the Sgts in charge of that last night. Their brand new staff car was trashed!
but yes it was a party and not a protest, got out of hand somewhat!
The cops are on to a hiding to nothing. If they go in on full attack mode they get lambasted and if they withdraw they get lambasted. Wouldn’t have called it a riot though, seemed about average for Sauchiehall Street here on a Saturday night.

Did I see somebody in Brixton wearing a CoA T shirt?

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Yes all this word censoring is so stupid, who exactly is being protected by it?
I'm sure kids of today know more "naughty" words than I do!
Its absolutely disgusting foul language that comes out of kids mouths these days, the kids parents are just as bad, I know a woman who knows no other word but F ing every sentence you says has F ing in it I say sentence that makes it sound coherent, then when her kids copy her she screams at them.

There is no need for it we weren't brought up like that and my dad was a Miner

I picked up one of my mates on his son swearing, I said if you think its OK then carry on, but the first time he comes out with it at primary school he'll be suspended, so now he doesn't swear in front of his kids and shouts at them if they swear.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Its absolutely disgusting foul language that comes out of kids mouths these days, the kids parents are just as bad, I know a woman who knows no other word but F ing every sentence you says has F ing in it I say sentence that makes it sound coherent, then when her kids copy her she screams at them.

There is no need for it we weren't brought up like that and my dad was a Miner

I picked up one of my mates on his son swearing, I said if you think its OK then carry on, but the first time he comes out with it at primary school he'll be suspended, so now he doesn't swear in front of his kids and shouts at them if they swear.
now he doesn't swear in front of his kids and shouts at them if they swear.
Does he say "Will you stop F ing swearing" :ROFLMAO:

If the parents constantly swear their kids will likely do the same, as for them it's normal, the same with smoking.

I guess some kids do it to try to make themselves look tough in front of their mates.

I only swear when I'm really p'd off, the thing is for people that swear all the time, what is there left to say when they are really angry and p'd off?
Maybe they start speaking posh! "You're being so beastly and horrid to me!"

My dad calls these people "the scum of the earth" he says it half joking half being serious!
Not much is more grating to me than hearing a whole family shouting and swearing at each other in public.
They seem to have no dignity, or respect for anyone or anything. Pretty sad really.

Needing to drive and park in London now due to not wanting to use the tube at the moment gets me swearing! All the fun has been sucked out of driving, main roads turned into 20MPH zones, speed humps, speed camera's, average speed camera's, bus lane camera's, cyclists, to my left, to my right, and in front of me, taxi's doing U turns in front of me, then to top it all off when I parked up, the only way to pay for the parking was to download an app, faff around and register the car registration plate, my name and address and card details, just to spend £3 for 2 hours of parking.

I do think my swearing was justified yesterday!
I hate driving in south London!

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
The cops are on to a hiding to nothing. If they go in on full attack mode they get lambasted and if they withdraw they get lambasted. Wouldn’t have called it a riot though, seemed about average for Sauchiehall Street here on a Saturday night.

Did I see somebody in Brixton wearing a CoA T shirt?
View attachment 92830
Well said(y)Although I'd need an XL for my ever expanding waste line.

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
Are you Simon Cowell in disguise, why do you need an XL T-shirt for your waste line, sorry I forgot your an old man and you pull your trousers up to your arm pits.
Big belly=XL T Shirt, simples. High wasted trousers are a waste of good material:ROFLMAO:You'd probably find them useful though, as you need deep pockets to covertly rub your nuts every time you see a picture of AJ:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Big belly=XL T Shirt, simples. High wasted trousers are a waste of good material:ROFLMAO:You'd probably find them useful though, as you need deep pockets to covertly rub your nuts every time you see a picture of AJ:ROFLMAO:
Think they are called Rugby Trousers get a pair to keep your belly warm, your only jealous what with your nuts banging against your knees your arms aren't long enough to reach.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
More illegal raves broke up yesterday by police.
Many beaches like the one at Bournemouth full of sun worshipers ignoring the rules on social distancing yesterday.
INTU the country’s biggest shopping centre owner say's it may now have to call in the administrators after creditor talks collapsed.
They own 17 sites including The Trafford Centre at Manchester.
No doubt the sharks will be circling.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Many beaches like the one at Bournemouth full of sun worshipers ignoring the rules on social distancing yesterday.
INTU the country’s biggest shopping centre owner say's it may now have to call in the administrators after creditor talks collapsed.
On the local news the other day they own Eldon Square in Newcastle and been there since 1976, the reporter asked a supposed annalist what would happen if they did go bankrupt, they said not to worry there are plenty of other retail/property owns waiting in the shadows ready to snap them up.

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
The Liverpool fans did their bit to, during the title celebratiions:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
The Liverpool fans did their bit to, during the title celebratiions:ROFLMAO:
Yes they did , it hasn’t sunk in yet for me what with it being a broken season this year.
The lads are very grounded , if they visit a fuel station to fill up they often pay for everyone else’s fuel who’s inside the shop waiting to pay.
Let’s hope we can build on this recent success.
The type of football Klopp likes to play is certainly good to watch , hope it stays that what way.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Covid -19 is now rampaging through 33 states in the USA & still the Trump administration claim the virus has been defeated & no longer a threat , very dangerous to bury your head in the sand.
Sweden who didn’t lockdown are now up there with some of the highest Covid-19 death per capita countries in the world , should have locked down but obviously they thought they knew better.
11 EU member states now recording a rise in Covid -19 infections , the WHO warns against lifting travel restrictions in Europe , they are worried the virus could be very easily transmitted throughout Europe again as some evidence as come to light that not all tests given find everyone carrying this deadly virus , it only needs one person to get through & off goes the spread again.
Trumps handling of the pandemic is beyond a joke , the people of America won’t wear face coverings or social distance & so the virus is enjoying it’s Covid -19 party all over again.
This ignorance of how this virus can bring us to our knees is now getting very disturbing indeed.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Texas , Florida & Arizona re impose the restrictions they lifted earlier in the year to try & stem the deadly rise in Covid -19 infections.
Bars must close & restaurants must only have a 50% occupancy.
Trouble is it maybe too late & the virus could take some stopping now it’s got it’s head back in the game.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Texas , Florida & Arizona re impose the restrictions they lifted earlier in the year to try & stem the deadly rise in Covid -19 infections.
Bars must close & restaurants must only have a 50% occupancy.
Trouble is it maybe too late & the virus could take some stopping now it’s got it’s head back in the game.
Because of the ignorance of the Americans any chance of finding a cure for the virus will be almost Nil, like all viruses it could mutate in to something stronger, which could mean a quicker death no ICU stay.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
View attachment 92851

If we're not careful, lockdown will be back here too.
Look at all these idiots on Bournemouth beach
Wasn't it Bournemouth council that declared a State of Emergency yesterday, these people are like sheep and are so ignorant of the seriousness of the times we are living in, a major fault/blame has to lay at the governments door, if Boris Johnson had the balls and backbone to sack Dominic Cummings for massively breaking the lockdown rules, now people have the attitude if he can do it why can't I.

1281 - 1300 of 1350 Posts