Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Hmm quite competetive,, impressed :Cool2:

Just got off the phone to my existing insurers,,,
as ive just gone over the 6 mths of the policy by 7 days they are demanding i pay over a £100 !!!!!!!!!
I have been paying monthly

Obvioulsy i said bolox. aint gettin nowt.

But are they right in this,,,,,,, surely there is something that can be done?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hmm quite competetive,, impressed :Cool2:

Just got off the phone to my existing insurers,,,
as ive just gone over the 6 mths of the policy by 7 days they are demanding i pay over a £100 !!!!!!!!!
I have been paying monthly

Obvioulsy i said bolox. aint gettin nowt.

But are they right in this,,,,,,, surely there is something that can be done?
If it's in the terms of business then i'm afraid it may be the case. Companies have different terms though our insurer cancels pro-rata subject to no claims!

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Thanks Tim, as i said in the original post i've accepted the quote for this year, so i'll get in touch at next renewal

Graham

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
I just rang only to be told that no engine changes are covered at all. That must be new as I've had quotes from Chris Knott before with the same modifications.

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,809 Posts

LATEST NEWS

Hi
Just to let you know that the scheme now allows modified vehicles with an increase of up to 50bhp.

Best wishes

But still not Stripped and/or Caged vehicles?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
couldnt even beat my renewal, let alone a quote that was over £100 cheaper than that. lol.

glad i didnt have to pay for the call.

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
On the positive side, no one could touch the renewal quote for my A3 this year from CK, they also beat the insurance deal for Nikki's Corsa, but not by enough to warrant the change this time :)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hi
My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!
The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, I just renewed my Zaf with CK and although the basic insurance quote was not as cheap as I could get elsewhere once I had added breakdown and accident management they were cheaper. Would it be cheaper if I removed seats 6&7 to make a 5 seater I wonder? (Wishful thinking)

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,809 Posts
Would it be cheaper if I removed seats 6&7 to make a 5 seater I wonder? (Wishful thinking)
Would probably be classed as 'Stripped' then, and CK don't insure cars with that done... :lmao:

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Hi, I just renewed my Zaf with CK and although the basic insurance quote was not as cheap as I could get elsewhere once I had added breakdown and accident management they were cheaper. Would it be cheaper if I removed seats 6&7 to make a 5 seater I wonder? (Wishful thinking)
Afraid not!

·
Premium Member
13,434 Posts
Phoned today for a Quote, Could not get anywhere near by aleast a couple of hundred pound (so I was told) to a quote I got from previous insurers sister company.
So I'm afraid you missed out on that one.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Hi

Whilst the insurance market seems to have hardened over the last 12 months or so, we have always worked hard on our customer service and it’s nice to see comments on the forums of people being satisfied with our efforts. We endeavour to assist customers to our utmost and trust this is a major reason why people renew with us year after year.

Bearing this in mind, please feel free to contact us for a quotation on your car (and home!) insurance when they are due. We would be more than happy to quote for you.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,609 Posts
Insurance renewal came up. Last year, I was paying £450. This year's renewal... £730. :eek2:

Rang Chris Knott and they quoted £1050. Due to a named driver being under 30. Without named driver; £650. Promising.

Did the comparision sites. Endsleigh came in at £450. With a named driver.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Just spoke to Milton, quote was competitive, although it didn't beat Endsleigh, however it did have better benefits, so you've just got another customer Tim :)

Well full marks on getting the paperwork out lightning fast, but points deducted for factual errors in selling the policy :(

I specifically asked if whather i'd have to send in photocopies of mine and my wifes licences (she's the named driver on the policy) and Milton stated no just the polisyholder needs to send in a copy of the licence, again the paperwork says all drivers need to do so.

Now these aren't major issues, BUT in an industry where if I make an error in the policy, I could find myself without cover when i need it most, it is extremely irritating to find the insurance company making errors......

Comments Tim? I'll be calling the office on Monday

Spoke to Milton today, who immeadiately admitted he'd made an error and apologised, so all in all a positive experience

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
another year they werent competative.(n)

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Having been with adrain Flux for years there premiums have gone up too much, was quoted £450 for my Vectra and the cheapest on the comparison sites was under £277, altho CK could not beat the premium was offered less excess on the policy and was also a slightly better deal with key cover etc.

Im glad i have gone to them as their service was good.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts