Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Don't be so cynical, Carlos!

Yes, we are doing a lot of business but some forums boast of thousands of users whereas only a handful have even tried to contact us. Those that have called us tend to get a good quote from us & the positive feedback is plain to see.

Take this forum for instance. There are 69,000 members & yet 9 (NINE!) have rung us for a quote since April!

Wouldn't you maybe wonder why?!!!

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,609 Posts
It might have something to do with the amount of forum members vs the amount of club members vs the amount of members that use the discounts. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but you have to be a paid member to access this discount, so the quoted number of members is wrong - it's closer to 1,000, rather than 69,000, which is quite a difference. Also - there have been 223 views of this thread - many of those will repeat viewings (you will have contributed to this figure too). So, let's assume that of the 1,000 members, there are 150 that are aware of the discount scheme, of those, 9 have (since April) been in contact. Now then, how many general members of the pubic will have seen a high profile advert for other well known insurers? How many of those will have rung for a quote as a result of that advert? If it's 6% (like the approximate VxON figures suggest), then it would no doubt be a VERY successful advertising campaign. Personally, I think you're getting a reasonable deal - it's only costing you the price of your discount, but you're not going to cut into the companies profit margin too much.

However, I'll ensure that I give you a call when it comes to renewal time for me.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi
Just to let you know I'm taking a (well-earned?!) rest over Christmas!

From today, I am only in on 23/12 but then off till 4/1/10 so won't be able to answer insurance-related questions on here till then.

Of course, the office will still be open each day except the 'Bank Holidays', Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Saturday afternoons & Sundays – 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile.

The claims department is manned 24 hours a day and the claims helpline number can be found on your Certificate of Insurance & policy booklet.

Have a good Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Am disappointed you wouldn't quote me on my M3. Was told I would have had to have owned the car for 1 year (as its just over 6 months at the moment) - even though I was asked about the previous cars I have owned and I am sure the following would satisfy the requirement: BMW 540i Sport, Subaru Impreza turbo, Golf GTi turbo, Heavily modified Astra turbo, Cavalier and Calibra Turbo etc. So am rather confused regarding the excuse/reason. I'd understand if I was coming from a 1.4l car but it was a 4.4 v8!!!

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Chris what are you like on Honda Integra TypeR DC2 (UK car)? Owned car over 2 years.

Have 9 years no claims, no points.

Do you do limited mileage?

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,881 Posts
i would like to say
i had a very nice call today
but as my frontera is used for greenlaning and off road you couldn't insure me
Flux will be the one for me now
no messing around full cover for 'modified' 'off roading' etc
please make sure you tell everyone
Chris knott only insure unmodified cars and non off roading cars
lets face it you maybe a broker but you don't try very hard
although the phone call was pleasant
as soon as i asked a non PC question i was not insurable
cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Chris what are you like on Honda Integra TypeR DC2 (UK car)? Owned car over 2 years.

Have 9 years no claims, no points.

Do you do limited mileage?
No problem for people aged 25+.
And yes, we can give discounts for limited mileage.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i would like to say
i had a very nice call today
but as my frontera is used for greenlaning and off road you couldn't insure me
Flux will be the one for me now
no messing around full cover for 'modified' 'off roading' etc
please make sure you tell everyone
Chris knott only insure unmodified cars and non off roading cars
lets face it you maybe a broker but you don't try very hard
although the phone call was pleasant
as soon as i asked a non PC question i was not insurable
cheers
Steve
We actually cover all mods except roll cages & nitrous, and on a like for like basis.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,881 Posts
We actually cover all mods except roll cages & nitrous, and on a like for like basis.
Well then your girl on the phone should have been able to quote me
but all i got was -'we don't insure 4x4's for off roading or green laning'
so - the ball is back in your court
If you are going to quote us please can you make sure that the people calling us know what they are talking about
I specifically asked if she would speak to the underwriters and call me back and she insisted you wouldn't insure me
so i presume you are right - and she's wrong ?
EDIT - rang the number and now waiting for a call back with a quote - it seems you do cover green laning and off roading after all
cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well then your girl on the phone should have been able to quote me
but all i got was -'we don't insure 4x4's for off roading or green laning'
so - the ball is back in your court
If you are going to quote us please can you make sure that the people calling us know what they are talking about
I specifically asked if she would speak to the underwriters and call me back and she insisted you wouldn't insure me
so i presume you are right - and she's wrong ?
cheers
Steve
She is right - we don't insure for off-roading, but your first post said that we don't insure modified cars but we do!

Just to save any further misunderstanding, we insured modified cars except those with roll cages and nitrous, and we don't cover off-roading.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,881 Posts
FFS - i spoke to one of you on the phone -'yes we insure 4x4's for off roading and greenlaning , but we have to physically create the quote i'll call you back'
I'm still waiting - and after your last post it seems you are the only person who has a clue
Please don't bother with the phone call - if basic information cannot be given to anyone who asks for a quote by your telesales then fine
But i suggest you all start singing from the same songbook - as can be seen you all don't
I shall stick with Flux
regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
FFS - i spoke to one of you on the phone -'yes we insure 4x4's for off roading and greenlaning , but we have to physically create the quote i'll call you back'
I'm still waiting - and after your last post it seems you are the only person who has a clue
Please don't bother with the phone call - if basic information cannot be given to anyone who asks for a quote by your telesales then fine
But i suggest you all start singing from the same songbook - as can be seen you all don't
I shall stick with Flux
regards
Steve

Ah, I now realise where the confusion lies.

We don't provide cover for off-roading on this scheme but we do have an obscure policy for this specific coverage though we don't do much business on it.

My comments concern this particular scheme under this thread so I apologise because I'd forgotten that we do have another way of quoting for this type of policy.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks to all who have rung us for a quote.

We have just calculated the figures for 2009 and they show that the average recorded saving we made for our new customers last year was 12.5% off their BEST quote so it's certainly worth a call!

We consistently average over 80% renewal retention as well (December was 84%!) so people are happy at renewal as well!

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 until 1/3/10 then 01424 200477.

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,809 Posts
I'm quite disappointed that you can't cater for Stripped out/Caged cars atall - you confirmed that when I and others asked over on Corsasport

I was intending to try yourselves for my renewal, but looks Like i'll be sticking with Flux...

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
im actually quite dissapointed myself.
rung them for a quote
waited a few minutes, only to be told everyones busy and to ring back another time.

done this a few times.

like i have all day to sit around on the phone waiting for someone to want to talk to me.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
im actually quite dissapointed myself.
rung them for a quote
waited a few minutes, only to be told everyones busy and to ring back another time.

done this a few times.

like i have all day to sit around on the phone waiting for someone to want to talk to me.
We actually changed to this and had good feedback initially though we have had a few people say similar to you! It's hard because we want to please everyone but some people like the new system and some the old!

I have passed your comments on but you could always use the email facility if you wish? http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co...our-quote-to-us-if-you-can-t-ring!!!!-Read-on

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Please note that we have moved to modern premises in Hastings, East Sussex, specifically designed around the current and future needs of the business and considering the fact that we have taken on quite a few more staff.
The new postal details for Chris Knott Insurance will be:
Chris Knott Insurance
5th Floor
Cavendish House
Breeds Place
Hastings
East Sussex
TN34 3AA

Our quote line number won’t change – you can still call us FREE on 0800 917 2274 for your no-obligation quote – remember to quote your unique club/forum code (mobiles can call 01424 200477).

As well as new premises, we have recently invested heavily in technology that will reduce the amount of paper we use and store. The overall aim of these improvements is to enhance operations and therefore offer members an even better service.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi

Although on average nearly 1 in every 2 people who get a quote from us take out a policy, the number of people who ring us is quite low compared to the amount of registered users.

I realise that there are certain age and postcode limitations as stated in my original post in this thread (which are there to protect the scheme for the majority due to the high claims loss ratio's within these categories) but I would encourage you to give us a call if your car (or home, breakdown) insurance is due.

Our reputation hopefully precedes us based on the amount of grateful comments received.

Please ring free on 0800 917 2274 (mobiles can ring 01424 200477) and just state the club reference number found in my signature below, or in my original post.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts