Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting around and i couldn't find any posts about this. About 2 weeks ago the dipped beam on the passenger side went out. I have now replaced the bulb but still don't work. Done the following
  • Checked the new bulb which is fine.
  • Check all head light fuese with a multimeter getting around 12v from all both sides.
  • Checked connection on the back of the headlight.
  • Taken out, cleaned all the connections on the light switch unit.
I have also attached the multimeter to the dipped beam connector and i'm only getting 0.12V. Also getting the error on the dashboard saying "Headlight TailLight Check"

Any idea? I guessing it could be a loose connector or wire? Not too sure i know where to go from here?

:shame:

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Could be a light switch failure or column switch. Does the main beam still flash and lock on from the column switch?. Could also be a relay failure but not sure if the Veccy has one or where it would be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking the Haynes wiring diagram it would say that the dipped light circut don't have a relay. Also the two dipped circuts come together before the light switch which would mean that the switch is ok due to the other dipped light is working. The only thing i can think it could be is a bad connections or the failure module issue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
as already said , check for the feeds going in & out of the bulb failure ecu ( above the glovebox ) dipped beam wires are yellow .
if any of these feeds are missing then there is your fault , if all present then you need to check the multiplugs at the bottom of the passenger door A post .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help on this. Turned out to be a loose connection in the multiplugs that are in the passenger door A post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

i have a vauxhall insignia on a 59 plate, code 18 just appeared today. My lights do com eon, but i can not find out what can be wrong.

could it be the bulb?? i have checked the fuse box in the engine, but there are no fuses there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I have same problem. I did open my door cover from inside but cannot fine any multiplugs. Do you know the exact position of multiplugs that are in the passenger door A post?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I bought vauxhall meriva b 2011 1.3cdti but the full beams no working so the column switch is not the original one feeted there,I already bought new one to feet next week...so my question is...could be the switch or other problem?thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts