Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know how to set the mileage back to Zero?? My nova has done 83k but the clocks read 102k, i've rebuilt the whole car including motor and just want to start a fresh.

And no, no funny business is intended here, if bothered about who would use this for illegal reasons please pm me. Ta.

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
When you say Digi clocks, do you mean the ones form GTE????
Or clocks froma V6 or Tubby??

·
engine modder
512 Posts
the mileage on the clocks is not ment to be for the engine, its for the shell,
i would clock them back to 83K as if i was an MOTer i would be very suspicious

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a GTE, and in the case of an mot'er thats me, so no problem. But yeah just to get it back to there would be good.

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Hang on got a set in front of me now,, so gonna have a butchers for ya :up:

Aye up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WTF do you open the back section with????

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
LOL
Well i aint got 1 sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So i canna tell ya ;)

·
VxON' s Cavaliercrazy Guy!!
431 Posts
you need a junior hacksaw to cut a straight line in them so you can undo it with a flat bladed screwdriver after there off all the rest will be posidrive screws to take the clocks apart do that first and remove the speedo drive. once done you will see the mileometer it has a pin running through the middle of it which needs carefully removing best thing to use is a pair of long nose pliars one bit at a time but be carefull not to lose a cog,
once its out you can move the digits to where you want them(back to 83K hopefully) then place carefully back in and tap the pin back through making sure your digits line up straight then as the haynes manual says refitting is reverse of removal hope that helps you out matey

·
VxON' s Cavaliercrazy Guy!!
431 Posts
just took my spare apart to show you the pin to be removed and the cogs sorry about the writing bit of a rush job ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts