Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hellooo,
would anyone be able to tell me what differences there are between the F18CR box i have in my c18xe astra gsi, and an F20 box? reason im asking is ive damaged the differential in my box and obviously need to change it. a friend has an f20 for sale so i was wondering would that make it slower as i thought they had longer ratios? or would it be possible to exhange the diffs if this is the case? i would rather just do a straight swap for boxes but obviously wouldnt want to lose acceleration.

any help would be much appreciated! :Cool2:

C

·
0 Posts
I believe they are the same ratios, or as near as damnit.
F20 will obviously take a little more torque too.

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
ratios are same the f18cr replaced the f20 they put the f18cr in the x20xev cavs n astras! the only major difference is that the f20 handles 200 ft pounds torque and the f18 180 ft pounds torque!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! thanks for the great news! im pretty sure it will but just to confirm..... an f20 will fit onto my block right?! ;)

·
ken boon
1,509 Posts
adamc3210 said:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! thanks for the great news! im pretty sure it will but just to confirm..... an f20 will fit onto my block right?! ;)
yes i would have thought the bell housing is the same i run an f16 on my redtop!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info! just spoke to someone at a garage and he wants to make sure that this everything on this f20 will fit?, eg shafts, mounts etc.

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
The ratios are different (lots more teeth, for quieter operation) but the final drive is different too, making the overall ratio almost identical.

You can't do an in car clutch change with the F18.

Mounts are all the same, as is the gear selector and drive shafts.

The F20 is rated for 200Nm, the F18 has been rated as 190M for the F18, and 205Nm for the F18+

http://www.mt006a0002.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/F18Specs.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts