Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Ive just seen an add for a facelift 2.2 CDX thats being broken for spares.
Im after 'toys'.....so what toys does a CDX have that a CD doesnt?
I've already added cruise....but anything else?
It had cow fitted but thats already been sold :shame:

Cheers

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Heated front seats
Sunroof
HID Xenon lamps
(possibly forward-folding passenger seat?)
Radio with both Cassette & 4-CD Changer

That's from memory.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mark
I've already got heated front seats....comes as standard on CD AFAIK
Sunroof I think it does have.....but bit of a major upgrade....im not that skilled with a tin opener to add that....so think i'll give that a miss.
Dont think you get HID's unless its an elite.....plus the CDX car was in front ender and missing one of the headlights.
I'm hoping the stereo has a 4 cd changer on it.....i'd go for that....altho someone did tell me that you carnt eject the cd cartridge when its in park :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info

Dave

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
markjay said:
Heated front seats
Sunroof
HID Xenon lamps
(possibly forward-folding passenger seat?)
Radio with both Cassette & 4-CD Changer

That's from memory.
Taxi Driver,

My current meega is a 2.6CDX (2001) and it has all that kit. The items I listed are those that I THINK do not come on the CD - so I may be wrong on this - but I am definitely not wrong regarding the kit that comes with my CDX.

The reason I put a question-mark on the folding passeneger seat is that I had it on my previous pre-facelisft meega and the sales brochure said it is standard on the CDX, but my new CDX came without it so I am not sure if they are standard on all CDX...

Also the CDX has foglamps and steering-wheel with radio controls, but again I am not sure that the CD didn't have these...

·
Registered
682 Posts
The CDX has a 4 changer CD player.

Thats right you cannot eject the cd's whilst in park.

My 2.2 CD has the CDX radio and CD player (was an ex demo car with extras).

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
markjay said:
Also - I am after a small bit of trim, if you manage to get it off the scrappie it's worth a tenner for me. See:

http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72978

Thanks!
The CDX thats being broken is an estate....will it be different to yours? Let me know....if its the same i'll try to get it for you.

And your right about the wheels it does have 7 spoke alloys on it...but i dont count that as a 'toy' so not gonna go for them

Cheers

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
markjay said:
Taxi Driver,

My current meega is a 2.6CDX (2001) and it has all that kit. The items I listed are those that I THINK do not come on the CD - so I may be wrong on this - but I am definitely not wrong regarding the kit that comes with my CDX.

The reason I put a question-mark on the folding passeneger seat is that I had it on my previous pre-facelisft meega and the sales brochure said it is standard on the CDX, but my new CDX came without it so I am not sure if they are standard on all CDX...

Also the CDX has foglamps and steering-wheel with radio controls, but again I am not sure that the CD didn't have these...
Hi Mark....sorry i wasnt questioning what you had on your CDX, its just i think the HID's only come as standard on an Elite....so i guess your CDX must have had them fitted as an extra.....dunno about the folding passenger seat....not bothered about that. Sunroof I believe you got that....i was just saying that its a bit a major upgrade to go cutting a hole in the roof to add one.

My CD also has foglamps and radio buttons on the steering wheel...so guess that standard on a CD

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Taxi Driver said:
Hi Mark....sorry i wasnt questioning what you had on your CDX, its just i think the HID's only come as standard on an Elite....so i guess your CDX must have had them fitted as an extra.....dunno about the folding passenger seat....not bothered about that. Sunroof I believe you got that....i was just saying that its a bit a major upgrade to go cutting a hole in the roof to add one.

My CD also has foglamps and radio buttons on the steering wheel...so guess that standard on a CD

Cheers

Dave
Sales brochure saus HID standard on CDX and Elite, option on CD. Only option on my CDX was the leather trim.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Taxi Driver said:

Cheers

Dave
Much apprecaited Dave, but:

so it's not going to work :cry:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sorry, the previous post was in response to:

Taxi Driver said:
The CDX thats being broken is an estate....will it be different to yours? Let me know....if its the same i'll try to get it for you.

And your right about the wheels it does have 7 spoke alloys on it...but i dont count that as a 'toy' so not gonna go for them

Cheers

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
markjay said:
Thanks for that....just what I needed.
I took off my rear view mirror earlier to see if I could put an auto tilting one on....but couldnt find any wiring, i even took off the roof lights to see if the wiring was hiding in there, but no :shame:

Pity its lost one of its headlights as you say it would have had HID's and that would have been worth upgrading to.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts