Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Next fault/irregularity with my facelift 2000 Mv6 is that the alarm arms but if I sit in the car and move around it goes off, the lights start going but nothing else, no sound.

I've searched through the forums but have yet to find a clear answer, it appears the Omega has 2 diff alarms an alarm and a powersounder, is this correct? What is the difference between the two?

With the help of these forums (proving invaluable but information overload) I have learnt what a scuttle is, unfastened it on the drivers side and lifted it up. There is only one connection in there that I can see, I have removed and reseated it but no change, just lights flashing, nothing audible.

Cheers
Rs

·
Banned
221 Posts
There may be 2 alarms, but I think it is dependant on spec.
You should have a sticker on the plastic shroud which covers the radiator etc (ie front of engine across width of engine bay, in front of washer bottle filler). The first is a horn type alarm, witht the backup of the second if the battery is disconnected, or bonnet is opened.
Bloody noisey too.
If you have both, it sounds as if someone has diconnected both.

Yours isn't ex-plod is it?

·
Banned
221 Posts
Ex-plod tend to have lower spec... ...so standard seats, usually no alloys, no climate (pre-face lift), windy back windows etc ie generally MV6 set-up but GLS spec, usless someone has restored it after police ownership, which can sometimes be misleading.
I don't know if they would affect the alarm system though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no sadly not, I'm still as bemused as ever, horn works, powersounder is connected under the scuttle.

:shame:

Would love to hear more ideas if anyone has any.

·
Banned
221 Posts
I still recon it's something that the plod have had done.
Sounds as though you have to get an auto-electrician to have a look at it.
Sorry dude!:shame:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like the same problem as i had on mine,it turned out to be a wire ( with a plug on it) hadfallen out which connected to the bonnet sensor,once connected again the hooter started working again and my battery stopped going flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts